Senior Brand Designer
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Brand Designer to help us build and evolve the Toptal brand. As part of the Brand Design team, you will partner closely with brand managers, project managers, copywriters, and production teams to design a range of communications across digital, print, motion, and environments. This is an opportunity to join a fully remote design team as a senior practitioner. Your contribution will have a significant impact on furthering our brand’s expression and inspiring colleagues across design, brand, and marketing. This position requires a balance of creativity, improvisation, collaboration, and leadership in a fast-paced, iterative culture.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Develop conceptually sound creative and visual assets for digital marketing, social content, emails, print, out of home, and more.
- Utilize visual storytelling skills to create concepts that inspire and motivate.
- Concept and implement design ideas quickly, producing comps, storyboards, initial graphic concepts, and final deliverables for emails, advertising, and promotions.
- Provide creative insights that take projects from tried-and-true to truly innovative.
- Lead and own projects from concept to completion—collaborating closely with other disciplines within the Creative team (including Copy, Art Direction, Production, and UX) as well as other key stakeholders to ensure cross-functional and strategic implementation of the Toptal brand.
- Provide a clear, strong, strategic design POV on assigned projects.
- Continually advocate for quality, brand consistency, and creativity.
- Elevate our visual language through your sophisticated use of typography, color, and grid systems.
- Champion the evolution of our design system and brand ID toolkit with a focus on scalability and consistency across the organization.
- Ensure all work aligns with design principles and brand standards.
- Provide guidance to junior designers and colleagues outside of the design team.
In the first week, expect to:
- Learn the basics through Toptal’s thorough onboarding process.
- Study Toptal’s brand guidelines and visual language.
- Meet your colleagues in design, marketing, content, and production.
In the first month, expect to:
- Get comfortable with our processes and tools—and with working remotely across geographies.
- Partner with an art director/copywriter to build out a campaign across earned and paid media.
- Design an e-book and corresponding landing page.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Direct a junior designer on a series of sales enablement collateral.
- Collaborate with brand managers to conceptualize the visual toolkit for a new marketing campaign.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Lead the design aspects of a large-scale marketing initiative.
- Present work to leadership.
In the first year, expect to:
- Establish your reputation as a smart, creative, and inspirational design leader.
- Inspire colleagues to continually advocate for world-class creative solutions.
- 8 years of design experience in either an agency or within an in-house team.
- A dynamic portfolio showcasing highly refined sensibilities across many mediums—with expert knowledge of identity systems, typography, grids, layout, and print design.
- Mastery of design software (Figma, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; English proficiency.
- Excellent multi-tasker—brainstorming and developing brand consistency for multiple projects simultaneously, remaining flexible through revisions while keeping a keen eye on every detail.
- Ability to think strategically, creatively, and tactically to articulate compelling visual concepts, mood boards, and design with high-quality renders.
- Highly collaborative with willingness to work in group settings while meeting deadlines for multiple stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- Experience with Illustration, Iconography, Infographics, Video, Motion Graphics, and other dynamic tools is a strong plus.
- A self-starter, designer, conceptual problem solver, mentor, and communicator.
- Proficient across the creative spectrum, ie, visual design, art design, and brand positioning.
- Experience in branding work (brand development, brand refresh) and campaign development, big and small-from brand campaigns, and tentpole ideas to seasonal campaigns and promotions.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and juggle many different types of projects on different timelines, with independent time-management skills.
- Ability to present work in meetings, and sell creative visions to various stakeholders, cross-functionally.
- Experience in motion design is a plus.
- BFA or MFA in Graphic Design preferred.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.