Senior Corporate Recruiter
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As Toptal continues its rapidly-scaling growth, we are always seeking high-impact contributors. As a Senior Corporate Recruiter, you will be responsible for identifying and recruiting great talent around the globe to sit in key, strategic roles across Toptal. Partnering with members of our Executive and Senior Leadership Teams, you will have the opportunity to support the hiring for innovative roles that might be open or could be crafted based on someone’s impressive background that will continue to drive Toptal’s hyper-growth trajectory. Reporting to the Head of Corporate Recruiting, you will lead the entire candidate lifecycle for these hires by evaluating the candidate’s credentials, sharing the mission and vision of the organization, and acting as their advocate throughout the interview process. You will ensure that every new Toptal hire is elite and that the talent bar at the company remains at the highest level possible.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Work with our Executive and Senior Leadership Team partners to fill the applicant pipeline with highly qualified candidates for all corporate positions at Toptal.
- Pro-actively source, identify and contact A-players who will thrive in Toptal roles across the globe.
- Communicate extensively with candidates over a variety of channels, explaining open positions to them and continuously assessing whether they can add value to Toptal.
- Coordinate between leaders to plan interview funnels that are in line with Toptal’s hiring standards.
- Provide interviewers with extensive background information about each candidate.
- Support candidates through the team interview process as their main point of contact and stay in touch with interviewers to collect feedback and ensure the interview funnel is executed well.
- Partner with counterparts in the People team to ensure a seamless onboarding process for each new hire.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and strategy sessions, bringing new and innovative ideas to the team.
- Communicate constantly with teams via Slack and Zoom.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Work with other recruiters to establish a modus operandi.
- Independently study and learn our platform and product suite.
In the first month, expect to:
- Partner with the Head of Corporate Recruiting and fellow Corporate Recruiting teammates to understand the quality parameters for searches across various departments within Toptal.
- Start working with our Recruiting team to learn our infrastructure and familiarize yourself with tools, processes, critical metrics, reports, and dashboards.
- Begin aligning with our key partners across teams to gather data insights and support them in their hiring decision-making process.
- Develop your own process for candidate pipeline management, identifying the easiest way to keep candidates engaged while being able to quickly pair pipeline candidates with current and future openings.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Align yourself with key success metrics critical for evaluating recruiting success from a business and candidate perspective.
- Have a solid understanding of how the Toptal platform works.
- Rapidly learn about internal organization structure, culture, and hiring practices.
- Develop extensive knowledge regarding what it takes to be successful as a member of Toptal’s teams.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Develop comprehensive candidate pipelines for the rapid future hiring of high impact positions across the organization.
- Build deep relationships with key stakeholders in multiple teams to work as a true business partner helping advance their functions.
- Coach interviewers in order to uplevel any areas of weakness and improve the overall candidate experience.
In the first year, expect to:
- Serve as a subject matter specialist relating to all areas of the Toptal recruitment process, able to independently answer questions and guide decision-making through the full candidate hiring lifecycle.
- Take on additional projects that interest you to improve the Recruiting team as a whole and help us stay on the leading edge of the recruitment space.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in corporate recruitment. A mix of in-house and agency is preferred.
- Prior experience serving in this capacity in a rapidly-scaling tech company.
- Extensive experience recruiting for a multitude of roles across various business units.
- Outstanding ability to meet deadlines and handle a high volume of conversations, both for active and future roles.
- Ability to operate effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact with professionals at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of information on candidates from multiple sources.
- Ability to accurately assess whether candidates would be able to perform and excel in a given position successfully in the long term as the company scales.
- A keen eye for the professional qualities needed to serve as an outstanding contributor on a large remote team.
- A self-starter with lots of initiative and creativity.
- You need to be comfortable with all aspects of global recruitment, and consistently be an outstanding brand ambassador.
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills. Proven track record of handling your pipeline and rapidly recall candidate information for current and future openings.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.