Senior Designer (Campaigns)
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We are looking for a Senior Designer to join our growing Brand Design team. This is an opportunity to join a fully remote Design team as a senior practitioner. Your contribution will have a significant impact on the way Toptal’s advertising and social media campaigns are expressed. This position requires a balance of creativity, improvisation, collaboration and leadership in a fast-paced, iterative culture.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Partner with Art Directors to develop design languages for varied campaigns.
- Design campaign-specific identity systems that bring campaign ideas to life.
- Render campaign mockups that visualize big ideas and enable internal sell-through.
- Extend campaigns across a range of assets, sizes and media.
- Bring a level of design sophistication to creative campaigns—typography, imagery, design craft.
- Lead and own design projects from concept to completion.
In the first week, expect to:
- Learn the basics through Toptal’s thorough onboarding process.
- Study Toptal’s brand guidelines and visual language.
- Meet your colleagues on the creative and marketing teams.
In the first month, expect to:
- Get comfortable with our processes and tools—and with working remotely across geographies.
- Partner with an Art Director/Copywriter team to build out a campaign across earned and paid media.
- Mockup a new campaign idea and attend internal pitch meeting.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Extend a winning campaign idea across media, including motion/video.
- Design the visual language for a new campaign.
- Develop a break-through idea for bringing a campaign to iife experientially.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Establish yourself as both a visionary design thinker and a design craftsperson.
- Present work to leadership.
In the first year, expect to:
- Understand the capabilities of the Campaign Design team and lead its growth and expansion.
- 8 years of design experience in an advertising agency (with extensive experience in social).
- A design portfolio that shows your talent for transforming campaign ideas into well-crafted campaign design systems.
- Mastery of design software (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, Figma).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; English proficiency.
- Ability to beautifully (and realistically) render campaign ideas for internal pitches (3D experience a plus; mastery of photoshop).
- Sophisticated eye for photography and illustration; ability to research and curate image options.
- Excellent multi-tasker—owning multiple projects simultaneously, remaining flexible through revisions while keeping a keen eye on every detail.
- Experience in motion design is a plus (storyboarding, providing direction to animators).
- BFA in Graphic Design.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.