Senior Director of Revenue Operations
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As the Senior Director of Revenue Operations at Toptal, you will have the opportunity to build (hire, manage, mentor) a world-class Revenue operations team capable of supporting a hyper-growth organization. This role is perfect for someone who is energized by a fast paced, high-growth environment, is highly analytical, and adept at using data to prove/disprove hypotheses and to surface opportunities for improvement. Day to day, you’ll work closely with your operations team, the revenue leadership team, revenue enablement, and cross-functional business partners. While doing so, you should be comfortable navigating ambiguity to arrive at a positive outcome while remaining agile in your operating approach. Being comfortable making swift progress, rather than holding out for perfection, will be one of the keys to your success in this role and to drive transformational change in the business.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
We are looking for someone with extensive experience executing and leading a team through all facets of sales operations in a hyper-growth environment. Responsibilities include institutionalizing an operating rhythm grounded in robust data and reporting as well as partnering with our Revenue leadership team to analyze results and surface improvement opportunities for the business. You’ll make an immediate impact, enhancing our capabilities around client segmentation, territory planning, quota setting, and sales compensation. Additionally, you will work cross-functionally with our technology/products teams to build, implement and maintain tools that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our sales teams. The ideal candidate is highly driven, analytical, organized, collaborative, and has a strong track record of partnering with multiple business stakeholders to achieve revenue goals.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history and vision.
- Familiarize yourself with the Revenue team’s OKRs, initiatives, projects, and how they are aligned to Toptal’s overall success.
- Meet your team and your key stakeholders to begin uncovering individual and team priorities.
In the first month, expect to:
- Learn the true value of Toptal services by completing onboarding training, shadowing calls, and meeting with key stakeholders.
- Explore Toptal’s tools and resources to understand how they are currently used.
- Familiarize yourself with sales metrics and dashboards.
- Shadow ongoing projects to become familiar with your cross-functional team and project plans.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Understand and ensure consistency and timely execution of all BAU operational activities.
- Establish Revenue executive leadership business performance communication cadence.
- Begin to identify areas for improvement.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Refine and deploy enhanced target setting process.
- Ensure complete understanding and adoption of sales productivity tools.
In the first year, expect to:
- Implement dynamic territory management and planning system to support our growing revenue team.
- 10+ years of sales/revenue operations experience, with the last 2+ years in a leadership capacity at a technology or hyper-growth company.
- Strong leadership and communication skills for effective verbal and written communications with sales teams, operations specialists, collaborating departments, and senior leadership.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills to identify opportunities for sales process improvements and develop and implement new strategies to grow revenue.
- Strong financial skills and business acumen to understand sales profitability and opportunities.
- Technology skills to utilize CRM and database software tools in daily tasks.
- Research and reporting skills to analyze sales data and consumer trends to create sales forecasts.
- Knowledge of advanced SQL queries.
- Salesforce Advanced Administrator certification preferred.
- Collaborative. Nothing we do is done in isolation. Your success depends on your ability to work with a team and cross-functionally.
- Proactive. Understand our shared mission, and be willing to put in the work required to drive us to that goal.
- Organized. The nature of this role requires that you understand multiple priorities, the timelines associated with each, and execute with operational efficiency being top of mind.
- Meticulous. Toptal is a very fast-paced environment, which requires outstanding attention to detail and an understanding of key priorities and initiatives.
- Coachable. This role requires the ability to synthesize feedback and put it into action.
- Executive Communicator. In our fully remote organization, strong communication is imperative. Excellent communication in all forms across a wide variety of personality types, roles, and geographies - is paramount to success.
- Trusted Business Partner. You must be relationship-driven.
- Innovator: This role favors those experienced in successfully launching externally facing materials to sales teams.
- You don’t take yourself too seriously; you have a sense of humor and are comfortable with sarcasm. This position does sit on our Sales teams, after all.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.