Senior Product Recruiter
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As Toptal’s first Senior Product Recruiter, you will be responsible for the identification, engagement, and recruitment of talented Product professionals to join Toptal’s Core team. Your success will impact the future of work by hiring Product Managers, Growth Product Managers, and Engineers for our Product teams who will build the tools and platforms to allow our clients to engage with the best talent all over the world. Working alongside our eight phenomenal technical recruiters, your focus will be quality in everything you do. We love what we do and we take pride in supporting the way the future of work is being shaped. We are a bunch of crazy, geeky, cheeky, poshy people - we love putting in the work and some of us even code for fun in our spare time.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere, with a strong preference to be based in Europe. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
You will be responsible for identifying and recruiting great Product talent around the globe. Partnering with our VP of Product, Kleanthis Georgaris, you will have the opportunity to support the hiring for both recurrent and newly-created roles that will drive Toptal’s hyper-growth trajectory. In short order you will become the subject matter expert on all things Product recruiting, with a concentration building strong relationships with the leadership team and developing a deep understanding of the caliber of candidates who will be successful Toptalers long into the future.
Reporting to the Technical Recruiting Team Lead, you will manage the entire candidate lifecycle for these hires by evaluating the candidate’s background, identify their strongest skills, sharing the mission and vision of the organization, and acting as their partner throughout the interview process. You will ensure that every new Toptal team member is an elite professional and that the cultural standards of the company remain constant.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Attend a virtual onboarding bootcamp to learn the Toptal approach.
- Integrate into the Core Recruiting team through the attendance of weekly meetings.
- Dive into Lever and understand the full functionality of our tools and systems.
- Review team recruiting playbooks and processes.
In the first month, expect to:
- Understand our success criteria and start to develop your hiring strategy.
- Shadow the other technical recruiters’ calls to understand how we work and develop your own Toptal pitch.
- Start sourcing for Product Managers, Growth Product Managers, and Engineers for our Product teams, simultaneously building relationships with our hiring managers in order to understand the hiring needs.
- Begin introducing new candidates into the recruitment process and guide them through to offer acceptance.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Have your first Product Manager hired.
- Own the entire recruitment lifecycle from start to finish.
- Provide direct feedback to your team.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Constantly test and refine your process to make improvements over time.
- Contribute to project initiatives within the recruiting function.
In the first year, expect to:
- Become a solid contributor to the engineering hiring goals.
- Be viewed as a business partner by your hiring managers and team.
- Continue to sustain exceptional relationships with the engineering team.
- Drive referrals as a main source of hiring both internally and externally.
- You find candidates; you don’t wait for them to come to you.
- You are an experienced sourcer who can effectively engage top talent without leading with the name of an established brand.
- You know when you are speaking with an exceptional candidate.
- You extend offers knowing they will be accepted.
- Utilizing a meticulous attention to detail, you maintain your candidate funnels by prioritizing an excellent candidate experience. Your loops are always closed.
- You maintain the entire candidate funnel with meticulous attention to detail, always ensuring loops are closed.
- You are a master storyteller and engage candidates with your energy and words.
- You are open to giving and receiving feedback and constantly want to improve.
- You are organized and prioritize your work by impact.
- You have strong opinions on what works in recruiting and are willing to share them, but are also an excellent listener who consistently refines your approach.
- A strong desire and ability to work in a remote-only culture.
- Commitment to quality. You take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- Ability to take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Attention to detail. You are able to review our documented processes and ensure everything is correct.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.