Senior SEM Manager
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and team members based around the globe, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote workforce.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is looking for a Senior SEM Manager. This person will be a pivotal part of Toptal’s Paid Media team. In this role, you will oversee the management of Toptal’s Paid Search campaigns, with the objective of acquiring additional quality client leads who are looking to tap into Toptal’s highly-skilled Experts. You will be supported by the SEM team to tackle all aspects of the channel from strategy to execution to analysis.
This is a remote position. We do not offer visa sponsorship or assistance. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
The following information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or required skills.
- Maximize SEM-driven revenue by providing Toptal with a steady stream of high-potential prospective clients.
- Own SEM channel budgets and manage all day-to-day operations, from campaign strategy to execution, analysis, and reporting.
- Constantly ideate new ways for your team to grow and improve channel efficiency.
- Work with members of the Paid Media, Growth, Product, Content, and Analytics teams to maximize the value provided by SEM.
- Ensure SEM is running in accordance with industry best practices and maintain immaculate long-term tracking.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal. Meet with the teams and people you will have working relationships with.
- Start building a fundamental understanding of our teams, product, and business operations.
- Work closely with the SEM and wider Paid Media team to dive deep into our history, assets, roadmap, and unexplored opportunities that you will be able to lead.
- Independently start to study and learn the Toptal platform and product suite.
In the first month, expect to:
- Familiarize yourself with our current SEM strategies and areas for growth.
- Have a good understanding of Toptal’s historical SEM performance, including seasonal trends and major past experiments, projects and initiatives.
- Develop an understanding of the niche opportunities in Toptal’s verticals.
- Gradually take ownership of the SEM campaign management and execution.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Launch and evaluate your own SEM growth ideas, exercising discretion and independent judgment.
- Deliver successful growth marketing strategies that can be further iterated and replicated.
- Work closely with other teams on cross-channel initiatives.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Toptal’s SEM growth process.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Demonstrate significant impact on SEM channel growth and cost-efficiency improvement.
- Become Toptal’s expert in all things related to the SEM channel. You will hold a pivotal role in generating company revenue and scaling the company.
In the first year, expect to:
- Be a success story in the Paid Media team. You will be able to show concrete, bottom-line impact.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Expertise in Paid Search / SEM at scale, 5+ years of experience with annual SEM budgets in excess of $5M.
- Experience in the end-to-end ideation, implementation, analysis, and promotion of growth strategies.
- Experience in the day-to-day management of legacy search campaigns with a focus on long-term performance and improving cost efficiency.
- Strong experience in A/B testing strategies, summarizing results into slide decks, and presenting to large teams and executives.
- Experience working with numerous stakeholders, both internal and external, across different time zones and geographies.
- Comfort with a fast-paced and often rapidly changing environment with a strong emphasis on individual contributions and execution excellence.
- Innate curiosity and willingness to learn, and an obsession with growth performance.
- Bonus: Experience with B2B growth marketing (longer revenue funnels).
- Bonus: Familiarity with the freelance marketplace or software engineering industry.
- This is a remote position that requires a motivated self-starter. No one will monitor your working hours but you will be expected to consistently contribute value and deliver results.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and handle a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a diverse array of contacts.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.