Senior Software Engineer in Test, Client Retention team
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is a quality-first company. While quality is the responsibility of the whole team, our Software Engineers in Test lead this effort. We believe that top quality can only be reached by ensuring this on the product, engineering, and team level.
As a member of the Client Retention team, you’ll have the opportunity to bring value to our amazing Sales teams, by ensuring our new and shiny tools are free from defects. Being a product team, you will work closely with our product manager on exciting product - as well as technical - challenges.
Our team’s domain includes the ownership of client data, and tools which help make our sales teams smile. One of these tools is a homegrown system that allows two-way data synchronization between Platform and Salesforce. We mostly work with Ruby on the backend, and Typescript on the frontend, but we also dabble in APEX.
When we’re not working on data synchronization, we are working with an established modern (React, TypeScript, Webpack, Babel, Jest, RTL, to name a few) front-end architecture, backed up with a robust backend tech stack of Ruby on Rails and GraphQL. This is used by many other teams in Toptal too. We are also building our UI using our in-house built components library, Picasso. For end-to-end tests, we are more and more extensively using Cypress as our primary testing framework.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
Test and validate first-class software serving thousands of businesses every day.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Work closely with the product team, stakeholders, and users from the preliminary planning through to having a holistic view to plan and deliver new features.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Work to maintain and improve our automated test suites.
- Mentor other people, provide feedback, and grow as a part of the team.
- Actively participate in meetings including Scrum meetings, squad meetings, pair programming sessions, etc.
In the first week, expect to:
- Meet the mentors that will guide you during the onboarding month.
- Get acquainted with our tech stack.
- Get familiar with our system architecture and all the tools that we use. Learn about the processes that we follow.
In the first month, expect to:
- Attend regular meetings, like technical calls, retrospectives, and the monthly Engineering All-hands meeting.
- Start working on regular team tasks and become familiar with the business domain.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Be actively engaged in the development of new features your team works on.
- Learn and take part in the utilization of the latest testing technologies.
- Develop automated tests to ensure that our products flawlessly support our business and behave at sky-high quality standards.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Become a key part of the team, be responsible for certain areas, and help others inside and outside of the team.
- Contribute to planning and executing multi-sprint initiatives inside our team.
- Develop your team’s trust to make strategic decisions in regard to tools or methods involved in the QA process.
In the first year, expect to:
- On-board, mentor, and be part of the interviewing team, in order to support the growth of our top-skilled engineering team.
- Become a champion of new ideas that will thrive to achieve the purpose of our company while ensuring the quality culture that we value the most.
- Take joy in deployment to production multiple times a day and collaborating daily with your team or other individuals while working in a distributed model.
- Have 5+ years of Quality Assurance and test automation.
- Great spoken and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking and enthusiastic skepticism.
- Full autonomy in every aspect of daily work - be able to unblock yourself by finding the right people or help.
- Good experience & knowledge in web application automation & related tools/packages (like selenium or other alternatives).
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Hands-on experience with different tools - Testing tool, Version Control systems (Git), Test Management Software, Bug Tracking software and CI tools. (Jenkins, etc.).
- Familiarity and willingness to invest in Contract Testing methodology. Related experience is very much welcome.
- Bonus points for knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.