Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold
As a Technical Recruiter at Toptal you will identify, engage, and recruit talented people to join our core engineering team. Your focus will be quality in everything you do. Your success will impact the future of work by hiring engineers who will build the tools and platform allowing companies to engage with the best talent all over the world.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere, with a strong preference to be based in Europe.
Your goal will be executing on a sustainable hiring strategy and approach. This strategy will involve sourcing, referral generation, and providing an exceptional candidate interview experience. You will work with the Head of Technical Recruiting while having significant autonomy to drive hiring results that match the Toptal culture. You will build and expand your global network of engineering talent. Working alongside a team of passionate and professional recruiters, your recruiting skills will up-level as you work to master the art and science of hiring. You will work in an entirely distributed company and help define the trajectory of the company through your results.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Attend a virtual onboarding bootcamp to learn the Toptal approach.
- Integrate into the Core Recruiting team through the attendance of weekly meetings.
- Dive into Lever and understand the full functionality of our tools and systems.
- Review team recruiting playbooks and processes.
In the first month you will:
- Assess what has and has not worked and start to develop your hiring strategy.
- Shadow the other recruiters’ calls to understand how they work and develop your own Toptal pitch.
- Source back-end developers for the Toptal core team globally with a focus in Europe, Russia, and South America.
- Introduce ten new candidates into the recruitment process and guide them through to offer acceptance.
In the first three months you will:
- Have hired your first few developers. The target will be eight.
- Own the entire recruitment lifecycle from start to finish.
- Provide direct feedback to your team.
In the first six months you will:
- Continue to average a hiring target of two to three core engineering hires per month.
- Present a valuable training topic to the recruitment team during a training call.
- Constantly test and refine your process to make improvements over time.
- Contribute to project initiatives within the recruiting function.
In the first year you will:
- Become a solid contributor to the engineering hiring goals.
- Be viewed as a business partner by your hiring managers and team.
- Continue to sustain exceptional relationships with the engineering team.
- Drive referrals as a main source of hiring both internally and externally.
- You find candidates; you don’t wait for them to come to you.
- You are experienced with sourcing effectively without leading with the name of an established brand.
- You know when you are speaking with an exceptional candidate.
- You extend offers knowing they will be accepted.
- You maintain the entire candidate funnel with meticulous attention to detail, always ensuring loops are closed.
- You are a master storyteller and engage candidates with your energy and words.
- You are open to giving and receiving feedback and constantly want to improve.
- You are organized and prioritize your work by impact.
- You have strong opinions on what works in recruiting and like to constantly refine your approach.
- A strong desire and ability to work in a remote-only culture.
- Commitment to quality. You take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- Ability to take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
Anywhere, preference for Europe-based
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- I joined Toptal to help shape the future of work. I wake up every day excited about the work ahead of us. I view working remotely as the only way forward in the globally-connected world. I want to hire and work with the best. I enjoy connecting with people, learning new things, and challenging myself to be better every day. In my work, I channel this passion into finding ways to make recruiters more effective and improving team infrastructure through data. I value great conversation and the great outdoors. I am passionate about making the world a friendly place.