Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, finance, and project management talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As the SEO Outreach Manager, you will lead the Outreach team at Toptal responsible for defining and executing our outreach strategy to make our content and projects known worldwide.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Work with internal teams cross-functionally to review and prioritize assets for the Outreach team to promote.
- Create proposals for high-quality reports to be used in future outreach campaigns based on comprehensive research you will perform of industry leaders and their affiliated publications, reports, and data.
- Work with researchers and writers to discover unique insights from our talent network that would be useful for the industry.
- Prioritize outreach campaigns by impact and set up a yearly outreach calendar. Re-evaluate priorities and make adjustments quarterly.
- Ensure that we are connecting with relevant prospects and that our process to do so improves each month.
- Ensure that we perfectly execute our communication cadence, including outreach and follow-ups.
- Ensure that we are always increasing the reach of our content as well as the recognition of our site, by connecting us with industry influencers.
- Define, implement, and continuously improve the KPIs to measure the performance of the Outreach team.
- Establish weekly and quarterly goals to support our yearly goals.
- Create weekly and quarterly reports.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Familiarize yourself with the structure and operations of the Outreach team.
In the first month you will:
- Familiarize yourself with the structure and operations of the current Growth team.
- Assess our current outreach processes to propose improvements and eliminate deficiencies, always with a focus on quality.
- Take ownership of the execution of the outreach calendar, making sure that we are performing according to our goals.
- Assess the assets that could be used for future outreach campaigns.
- Build a prioritized list of potential outreach campaigns.
In the first three months you will:
- Assess and update the yearly outreach calendar.
- Make sure that our backlogs of research, content production, and Outreach efforts are full.
- Project Manage several strategic and regular initiatives to make sure we are on track to deliver all their deliverables on time.
- Continuously improve the processes in place to assess the team performance each quarter, and you will help to set up goals for the next quarter in a seamless manner.
- Continuously help to create and deliver training programs to grow the knowledge and skills of the team.
In the first six months you will:
- Expand the scale and scope of your team and projects.
In the first year you will:
- Become the execution leader and manager of an extensive Outreach team.
- 3+ years of recent experience on outbound or outreach campaigns.
- Excellent written communications skills.
- Experience with Outreach.io is preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of SEO concepts.
- Experience working in distributed teams.
- You must feel comfortable at driving, tracking, and reporting the progress of multiple outreach projects involving many people in a professional and organized way, by using tools such as Wrike, Asana, etc.
- You must be very comfortable with managing complex spreadsheets in Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel. Experience with Tableau and SQL is a plus.
- Comfort collaborating with both developers and marketers to accomplish Growth objectives, including the ability to create world-class product specifications.
- Extensive experience with software for data, tracking, and analytics including SEMRush and/or Moz Pro, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Keyword Planner, advanced Excel, etc.
- Have a sharp eye for detail and a strong sense of what types of creative products will be effective for organic growth
- Be able to build and scale in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Alejandro is our Director of SEO. His career in technology started at the age of 12 when he founded one of the first Bulletin Board Systems in Argentina. He is the founder of Postcron.com, a SaaS company that helps marketers to manage their social networks. With a background in electrical engineering and control systems, and as an award-winning student of the Engineering School of the Catholic University of Córdoba, Alejandro excels at using mathematical methods to model and optimize marketing systems. As Toptal's Director of SEO, he ensures that Toptal dominates the SERPs, by building the right teams, tracking, and control systems, with an entrepreneurial approach based on creativity and ruthless optimization.