SMB Account Executive, Existing Accounts - APAC
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
The Account Management team at Toptal works with existing SMB and Mid-Market clients to build upon their relationships, understand their needs, and uncover new opportunities for projects and engagements. In this role, you will uncover client needs while positioning Toptal as a strategic partner that can help fuel their growth by building amazing technical teams with our best-in-class talent in software design, software development, project management, product management, and finance freelancers.
You will learn the in’s and out’s of your client’s business and recommend innovative, on-demand solutions talent that will set them apart from competitors. In this role, you will work both independently and collaboratively to achieve revenue targets while attaining exemplary client satisfaction scores within your accounts.
Are you looking for a role that will allow you to build upon your account management and sales skills while driving growth within one of the world’s fastest growing and most innovative professional service companies? We’d love to talk to you!
This is a remote position. However, we require applicants to reside in-market. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
Do you want to be a part of defining an entirely new space while helping leading organizations find the best talent more effectively and efficiently?
Account Managers are key players in the development and execution of client account plans. You will develop a strategy to establish mutually-beneficial, long-term relationships that position Toptal as a trusted talent partner while increasing revenue. While acting as the main point of contact for a portfolio of clients you will work collaboratively with our Sales, Talent Operations, Finance, and Legal teams to efficiently fulfill client needs. You will prospect, educate, qualify, and develop sales-ready leads and opportunities from active accounts and lead-generation activities into targeted existing clients. Engage prospects both via phone and email to uncover opportunities, explain Toptal’s vision, and run the complete sales cycle for expanding client engagements. The Account Manager is integral in the continued success of Toptal and achieving Toptal’s rapid growth goals.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn Toptal’s model, our team members, and our story.
- Begin our 1-1 sales training process which conveys our value proposition, sales process, and delivery method.
- Become acquainted with cross-functional teams to grow client relationships.
In the first month, expect to:
- Complete our personalized sales training program, complete with mock calls and role-play scenarios.
- Begin Toptal’s vertical-specific training, getting familiar with the full range of offerings we make available to our clients.
- Begin to have calls with clients, understand the business partners involved in the relationship on both sides, and identify where we can help partner companies grow.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Complete all vertical-specific training.
- Complete introductory calls with the client base and establish or update account plans for each.
- Establish a working cadence with key clients, business partners, and team members in these accounts.
- Begin to uncover new opportunities with clients that result in revenue-generating engagements for Toptal.
- Provide delivery oversight for all work on managed accounts, ensure customer happiness, and support the talent working with these customers.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Build upon existing client relationships, expand Toptal’s partnership with existing accounts, and execute account plans.
- Expand the scope of engagements at all accounts to incorporate new verticals and new projects.
- Establish a strong history of increased business across this set of accounts.
In the first year, expect to:
- Have built an incredible client account portfolio, with a shown history of successful delivery, satisfied clients, and happy team members.
- Begin to mentor new members of the team, helping them learn about Toptal, our model and how proper account management practices can improve relationships and increase revenue.
- Continue to expand an account portfolio, accelerate growth in current accounts, and utilize the full suite of capabilities Toptal has to offer.
- Experienced. 1-5 years of experience in account management and relationship-building with small to medium companies with a track record of success.
- Critical thinker. The capability to critically think through the challenges clients face and business challenges. Apply this understanding to build opportunities to develop those accounts.
- Client-Centric. Be driven to build strong relationships and be committed to the client’s success. This extends to the talent we provide, the experience we offer, and the outcomes we deliver.
- Resourceful. Think about a portfolio as a business - we want self-starters who are passionate about building this portfolio of accounts, and who thrive with the freedom and accountability of leading their portion of the business.
- Collaborative. Nothing we do is done in isolation. Success at Toptal is determined by being able to work as a team both within Toptal and within client accounts.
- Proactive. A self-starter that will exhibit ownership of accounts, successes, and failures. While also understanding our mission and doing the work required to drive us to that goal, without being told. Not reactive, but anticipates roadblocks, and thinks several steps ahead of a problem.
- Problem Solver. We are a distributed company so life throws in minor challenges beyond the primary problems this person is meant to tackle. We are looking for someone who can take those in stride and persist despite setbacks.
- Prioritizing. Understand the priorities and timelines associated with each client, and to execute appropriately with those in mind.