SMB Client Specialist Coordinator - Europe / South America
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As a Client Specialist Coordinator, you will work with a forward-thinking, globally distributed, and fully remote team whose job is to provide exceptional customer service with a strong support-centered philosophy.
As a member of our Client Services team, you will work with and support internal client services and revenue team members to run the daily operational processes that underpin client success. You will work directly with Client stakeholders to fulfill their operational needs by coordinating Toptal groups (e.g., talent ops, legal, finance), maintaining operational organization, and executing operational support tasks To excel at this position, you must have excellent customer service skills, exceptional attention to detail and a discipline to manage assigned administrative workloads including but not limited to outbound client communication, scheduling and confirming appointments, and coordination of internal team members and activities.
The ideal candidate has outstanding discipline, is highly passionate, and eager to learn, grow, and develop. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and strive to go above and beyond to effectively resolve client and client services inquiries, issues, and concerns while maintaining a high level of client satisfaction. This role is perfect for someone who is passionate about providing exceptional client service and looking to use this opportunity as a launching pad for their career at Toptal.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Provide support to clients using several communication tools (email, chat, and phone).
- Work collaboratively with our Sales, Talent Operations, Finance, and Legal teams to efficiently support anticipating and fulfilling client needs. Communicating via Zoom and Slack is critical to maintaining a high-level of collaboration and clear communication within the team.
- Partner with client support teams and internal stakeholders to support resolving client issues as needed.
- Act with a sense of urgency in resolving client and talent issues and have the judgment to include the proper people or teams to resolve.
- Supports handling of escalated cases and assisting clients and talent who need immediate attention, as needed in the absence of management.
- Act as a resource and subject matter expert by maintaining a working knowledge of all Toptal service offerings and policies.
- Provide support to new and existing team members by assisting with training and learning new tasks.
- Have the opportunity to work on special projects and initiatives.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Become familiar with the various platforms and systems Toptal utilizes to offer timely and exceptional client support.
- Complete customized onboarding to successfully navigate through the organization and understand the moving parts that make up the Toptal business model.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision, with a focus on the state of the talent industry, the Future of Work, and the core messages important to Toptal.
In the first month, expect to:
- Familiarize yourself with the extensive support materials available to successfully support our clients and talent.
- Learn the key internal and external stakeholders and how clients can best be served by the different Toptal teams during their lifecycle.
- Have a solid understanding of the Toptal platform as it relates to clients and the most frequent request processes.
- Provide administrative support related to client services, including legal and financial support to general client issues
- Gain a comprehensive working knowledge of the client experience from start to finish.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Be fully ramped up and integrated into the team.
- Have a strong understanding of Toptal’s issue resolution process and own the client resolution
- Actively engage with internal teams at Toptal and work collaboratively to review and resolve assigned support tasks.
- Learn to effectively balance tasks to ensure the highest level of efficiency and productivity.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Be fully confident acting as a primary point of contact for Toptal for internal stakeholders and clients.
- Follow a solid workflow for accessing information via a variety of systems and support materials, and feel confident training new team members on these processes and materials.
- Exhibit a successful track record of hitting resolution SLAs.
In the first year, expect to:
- Become a productive, collaborative, and consistent contributor on the team.
- Actively participate in the onboarding, training, and support of new team members and assist in the development and maintenance of training materials.
- Ensure the Toptal client experience is consistently world-class throughout all phases of the client lifecycle.
- Continue to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- 1-3+ years in coordinator, event, operations, or customer support roles.
- Process Orientation. You need to be able to expertly follow a process. When faced with limited data, you need to be able to make decisions that follow given guidelines.
- Customer Service and Communication. Must have excellent customer service skills, be an exceptional communicator, and have outstanding video chat, Slack, and email etiquette.
- Attention to Detail. Your role will involve manually recording data and managing expenses where precision and accuracy are critical.
- Resourcefulness. You should be a self-starter who thrives on the freedom and accountability that comes with being part of a distributed workforce.
- Adaptability. Our processes and priorities may evolve rapidly. You need to be able to learn and adapt to change quickly.
- Team-oriented. Cooperative and promotes an environment of continuous improvement.
- Time management. Must be able to work independently and manage time and resources efficiently; can successfully manage competing priorities.
- Continuous Improvement. You need to have an eye for continuous improvement and open to receiving challenging feedback.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.