SMB Inside Sales Executive - Mountain
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We are looking for an over-achieving Sales Executive to join our energetic SMB Sales team. As an Inside Sales Executive, you will introduce new clients from around the world to Toptal and be their main point of contact throughout the entire sales cycle. The ideal candidate has outstanding discipline, is highly passionate, and eager to learn, grow, and develop. This person thrives in a fast-paced environment, is hungry to exceed sales quotas, and strives to go above and beyond. This role is perfect for someone who is passionate about sales and looking to use this opportunity as a launching pad for their career at Toptal.
This is a remote position. However, we require applicants to reside in-market. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
Your responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Full Sales Cycle Management: You will manage the entire sales cycle from claiming the lead to closing the sale. As the first and main point of contact for our prospective clients, you will be responsible for bringing these sales to the finish line.
Client Rapport and Industry Knowledge: Clients are at the heart of everything we do. You will be building rapport with our prospective clients, including researching clients prior to outreach, staying informed on industry trends, and Toptal competitors.
Collaboration with Team Members: You will collaborate with your team to respond to high-volume inbound client inquiries with urgency. Communicating via Zoom and Slack is critical to maintaining a high level of collaboration and clear communication within the team.
Growth and Development: Our SMB sales team members are always looking to improve both individually and as a team. Being open to and implementing feedback will be critical keys to success in this role and at Toptal.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn Toptal’s model, our team members, and our story.
- Begin our 1-1 sales training process which conveys our value proposition, sales process, and delivery method.
- Become acquainted with the cross-functional teams that you will be working alongside to close new business.
In the first month, expect to:
- Complete our personalized sales training program, including mock calls and role-play scenarios.
- Begin to claim and call leads, understand their initial needs, overcoming objections, present the value proposition of Toptal, and close the leads that are a good fit for Toptal and our model.
- Work alongside the various business units to ensure your prospects are progressing through the funnel.
- Begin closing new business.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Be fully ramped up and integrated into the team.
- Complete additional vertical-specific training.
- Possess a healthy pipeline of prospects that are working through your funnel.
- Exhibit a successful track record of hitting sales goals.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Have a solid history of claiming and closing new business by consistently meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Identify areas of process improvement to help increase efficiency and effectiveness for the team.
In the first year, expect to:
- Begin to mentor new members of the team, helping them learn about Toptal, our model, and pass along standard methodologies.
- Continue to gain and close new business along with managing your funnel to consistently meet and exceed sales targets.
- Become a productive, collaborative, and consistent contributor to the team.
The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of full-cycle B2B sales experience (i.e. Account Executive, Inside Sales, Outside Sales Representative, Account Representative, or related title)
Previous software or tech-related sales experience and education are a plus.
You are client-centric. You will be working with prospective clients daily; uncovering and resolving clients’ issues through value-based selling.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment. We are growing rapidly as a company and, as a result, we move quickly. Having exceptional time management skills and the ability to manage a high volume of clients is key to being successful in this role.
You have a “will-to-win” attitude. You’re looking to not only meet but exceed your quota and are naturally competitive. We provide a base salary plus uncapped commission and want our Sales Executives to make the most out of it!
You’re a “learn-it-all”. We are looking for someone that is always looking to grow, strives for improvement, and constantly seeks feedback from peers/ leaders.
Along those lines, you are highly collaborative with your team members. Even as an individual contributor, you seek to share and gain knowledge from those around you.
You don’t take yourself too seriously; you have a sense of humor and are comfortable with sarcasm. This position does sit on our Sales teams, after all.