Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As the Social Media Community Manager at Toptal, you will be the brand voice on social and play a pivotal role, acting as one of the social media gatekeepers for Toptal’s brand channels. Integrated within the Brand Marketing team, you will partner with the Social Media Strategist on the day-to-day social media activities of the brand. You have a keen eye for detail and a passion for crafting compelling and unique content customized for each social platform. You will ensure the quality, tone, messaging, and copy are consistently represented as an elite, authoritative brand to each of its unique and respective audiences, including current and potential Enterprise/SMB clients and freelance talent network. Reporting into the Social Media Strategist, you will work cross-functionally with team members in Design, Corporate Communications, Publications, Community, and Growth to grow pipelines of articles, stories, thought leadership, videos, and more, designed to engage with each of Toptal’s audiences. This is an exciting role for someone who is just a couple years into social media as there will be exposed to very senior people within the company as well as opportunities to dive into all aspects of social media.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
- Supporting the Social Media Strategist, you will help scale the operations and impact of Toptal’s social media accounts across all platforms and verticals.
- You will curate, write, and publish content for Toptal’s Content Calendar, engaging with and managing, if necessary, any comments that are left by our audience. You will also ensure processes are established and followed for the content calendar to gather internal approvals as required.
- You will build social media plans for priority events, in order to ensure we’re engaging pre, during, and post events.
- You will look for opportunities for social listening, identifying and responding to social conversations where there is a natural brand tie in.
- Finally, in conjunction with the Social Media Strategist, you will track the impact of all social media efforts, demonstrating the efficacy of your function and feeding into the overall Social Media Analytics dashboard.
To succeed in this role, you must live and breathe social media, and be comfortable making best practice recommendations in ambiguous environments. You will be expected to act as the social media gatekeeper at Toptal, ensuring that all content published on our channels are up to brand standards and industry best practices.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision, with a focus on the state of the talent industry, the Future of Work, and the core messages important to Toptal.
- Shadow key teams across the company to learn the core of Toptal’s operations and capabilities.
In the first month you will:
- Begin creating content and writing posts for Toptal’s social media accounts one-by-one, ensuring successful handoff and maintenance of quality as you go. This includes taking over the content calendar management.
- Review posting frequency and quality across channels and work with your manager to develop a prioritized backlog of areas for improvement.
- Begin developing processes for engaging with all credible questions/comments/issues raised to Toptal across social media platforms.
- Source high-quality, third party content that’s relevant to our POV on the Future of Work and shares this content with our audiences in the relevant platforms.
In the first three months you will:
- Execute prioritized backlog of planned improvements to post frequency and quality across platforms, content pipelines, and engagement strategies.
- Continue to develop campaigns targeting our prioritized audiences, in partnership with our design team.
- Begin working with the Social Media Strategist on creating analytics dashboards to continuously monitor the impact of each of Toptal’s social media accounts, with a focus on measuring engagement with each of our audiences.
In the first six months you will:
- Ensure all social media accounts are consistently and reliably posting frequently enough, always maintaining quality, and engaging with their audiences, systematically finding ways to remove bottlenecks to this goal.
- Partner with the Social Media Strategist to review analytics dashboards to measure the efficacy of ongoing strategies and develop new data-backed campaigns to increase the impact of Toptal’s social media operations.
- 2+ years experience working as a Social Media/Community Manager, preferably in the technology or talent industry, targeting B2B audiences.
- You must have a strong understanding of best practices across all social media platforms, and enjoy crafting content/posts for all social platforms, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- You must be capable of and eager to learn quickly, diving into new industries, trends, and concepts with ease.
- Strong understanding of the components of compelling, authoritative communications.
- Previous experience and familiarity using social media software (for example: Hootsuite, Lithium, Talkwalker).
- A high degree of comfort acting as the social media spokesperson when responding to public comments.
- You must be a self-starter with initiative, creativity, and drive.
- Ownership. You must take responsibility for Toptal’s public image.
- Quality. You take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself and the brand.
- You must be highly detail-oriented.
- Ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- You must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- You consistently stay up to-to-date on emerging social media trends and platforms and can make recommendations on whether or not to apply those changes and/or optimize.
- Agency experience is preferred but not mandatory.
For Toptal Use Only: #west #midwest #ussouth #northeast #canada