Software Engineering Matcher
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and team members based around the globe, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote workforce.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
You will be the direct link between the Top 3% of Developers that pass our screening process and the clients that are looking to engage them. On a daily basis, you will work closely with multiple Toptal clients on understanding their requirements and needs and finding the best possible candidate for them inside Toptal’s talent network. You will also ensure talent and clients are working together successfully.
This is a remote position. We do not offer visa sponsorship or assistance. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
The following information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or required skills.
- As a Software Engineering Matcher, you will be working directly with Toptal’s clients to understand their needs, custom-match them with Engineering experts from different specialties within our talent network (Software Development, DevOps, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, among others), and provide support during the matching process, throughout the engagement, and beyond.
- You will work closely with several other teams such as Sales, Client Experience, and Talent Acquisition to grow Toptal’s Developer network.
- Interacting on a daily basis with Engineers in Toptal’s talent network, you will also collaborate on maintaining the network’s integrity and quality while also helping talent from every corner of the world find their dream job.
- Being central to Toptal’s operations you will also be the owner of feedback for product development and processes around the entire Talent Operations function.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision.
- Familiarize yourself with the team’s tools, processes, and reporting mechanisms.
- Shadow matching calls and learn about the matching process with your TopPal.
In the first month, expect to:
- Take on your first clients and manage their engagements with Toptal.
- Learn about supporting teams and how they contribute to the company’s success.
- Work closely with individual Developer talents from our network.
- Become proficient with Toptal’s platform.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Be a well-integrated member of the organization with positive relationships in Talent Matching, Customer Team, and other functions of Talent Operations.
- Build a mature client portfolio.
- Establish direct connections with top talent in our network.
- Exercising discretion and independent judgment, resolve any client-talent disputes which may arise in your client portfolio.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Become eligible to take on Toptal’s major accounts, including top-tier brands and clients.
- Understand best practices and share effective strategies with the team.
In the first year, expect to:
- Act as a subject matter expert on Development Matching.
- Continue to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- Offer insights and ways to improve the success of a matching lifecycle based on feedback, experience, and data insights.
- Have started taking on initiatives to improve operations, establishing the needed infrastructure for scale.
- Participate in onboarding newcomers and helping them learn about best practices.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 3+ years demonstrated experience successfully working on software development projects (Developer, Project Manager, Architect, DevOps Engineer); OR 3+ years of experience successfully recruiting for Developers in tech companies or a start-up (Top Tier).
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience successfully leading and synthesizing remote client sales or consultative interviews, managing international clients, or running your own company is preferred.
- Ability to determine capabilities and deliverables required to solve client technical problems or achieve objectives.
- Ability to seamlessly communicate across all channels including phone, Zoom, email, and Slack.
- Ability to build trust and instant rapport with clients and talent alike.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and handle a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a diverse array of contacts.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.