Strategy & Operations Manager, Talent Operations
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As a Strategy & Operations Manager, Talent Operations, you will help launch and expand new management consulting services to Toptal clients in partnership with Toptal’s Revenue team, by assembling world-class teams to solve our client’s most challenging problems. From corporate strategy to change management, the projects that clients present will require broad management consulting knowledge to refine and capture requirements, formulate resource plans, and build teams. You will also provide recommendations and solutions to improve internal team processes, resources, and product improvements. This role will be fast-paced, hands-on, and exciting as you work with our Talent Capabilities team to continue to launch new services and offerings in collaboration with our Revenue counterparts.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
Our Strategy & Operations Managers will be a dedicated resource within the Talent Capabilities function for managing strategic revenue opportunities from start to finish. This will include, but not be limited to, presales and post-sales customer conversations, scoping, resource planning, execution, monitoring, and management of strategic leads in the management consulting space. You will work in partnership with our Revenue teams each day to understand the problems our Enterprise clients are working to solve, and their project requirements, and then identify the team, skills, and experience needed to execute the solution.
- Meet with clients or internal Revenue team stakeholders to understand requirements or problems the client is looking to solve.
- Analyze role or project needs and translate the requirements to a structured resource plan.
- Collaborate with Revenue to build and execute the resource plan, using out-of-the-box thinking and utilizing our internal tools in new and innovative ways.
- In addition to this, you will also be supporting the execution of strategic initiatives.
- Support new business launches by analyzing existing and potential demand, supply health, and opportunities for optimization.
- Assist in tracking and monitoring key performance metrics.
- Contribute to project plans and frameworks for the improvement and scalability of Talent Capabilities operations.
- Collaborate with the other functions in Talent Ops, gather data and insights to inform the growth strategy for Talent Capabilities, and help identify focus areas for continuous improvement and increased efficiency.
In the first week, expect to:
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision.
- Familiarize yourself with the team’s tools, processes, goals, and reporting.
- Become familiar with the internal teams at Toptal as well as the Talent in our network.
In the first month, expect to:
- Shadow calls with our Revenue and client teams while supporting the execution of building teams to solve client problems.
- Benefit from mentorship from top performers around best practices.
- Provide feedback on our onboarding curriculum to highlight areas for future improvement.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Manage and coordinate end-to-end fulfillment of building teams.
- Ramp up to 100% productivity in terms of volume, speed, and funnel conversion.
- Round out your knowledge across multiple areas of management consulting.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Manage and prioritize the support and team building for multiple client projects
- Identify areas of opportunity for improvement and scalability in support of building talent teams.
- Contribute ideas to the product roadmap to improve the scalability of Toptal’s platform.
In the first year, expect to:
- Feel like you made the best decision of your career.
- 2-3 years of experience in management consulting.
- Communication. Skilled in the art of communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences across various mediums.
- Ownership. You take responsibility for the work you do.
- Agile. You can quickly pivot your thinking or process around the current needs of a client or team.
- Comfortable working in ambiguity. You can adapt quickly to change and solve problems in areas of gray with open-minded solutions.
- Robust organization and project management skills. You will support internal revenue partners and external clients and talents with varying needs and actions at a given time. You are comfortable structuring and balancing a workload with moving pieces and multiple stakeholders.
- Cross-functional partnership. Ability to develop positive relationships across the business to partner on key revenue opportunities and facilitate cross-functional activities.
- Quality. You take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- Think critically. You think strategically to connect the dots between opportunities and available resources/capabilities across the network.
- Integrity, at the highest level. You exercise good judgment in novel situations.
- Resilience. You have a growth attitude and are very comfortable giving and taking direct feedback and constructive criticism. You are an outstanding performer in fast-paced situations.
- EQ. You must have outstanding emotional intelligence, including foresight and good judgment.
- Data-Driven. You use data and insights to support your decisions wherever possible.
- Attention to detail. You take note of the smallest details.
- Problem-solving. You are very creative and capable of solving difficult, critical problems by using the extensive resources at Toptal.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.