Supply Systems Analyst
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
In order to help Toptal continue to scale and achieve record year-over-year growth, Toptal’s Supply Systems Analyst will help to ensure that the right talent is prioritized and brought into the Toptal network to meet client demand by optimizing our talent planning system. The talent planning system is used to analyze existing demand, forecast future demand, simulate the magnitude of talent shortages or surpluses, and establish screening priorities. This person will need to constantly look for ways to improve the talent planning system, with input from stakeholders in Marketing, Revenue, and other subfunctions in Talent Operations, and drive continuous improvement of existing talent planning processes.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Become a subject matter expert on how the talent planning system works.
- Ensure reliability and drive continuous improvement of all components of the talent planning system.
- Establish a roadmap of enhancements to the talent planning system based on feedback from stakeholders and your own analysis of the output’s accuracy.
- Define business and technical requirements for the suggested enhancements, in collaboration with Data Engineering and Product teams.
- Establish processes to improve data input into the talent planning system and assist stakeholders in the appropriate utilization of the output.
- Identify areas of improvement within the current talent planning and talent acquisition process.
- Track progress of features, assess impact, coordinate delivery, and actively communicate changes to relevant stakeholders.
- Build and run test cases, analyze root causes of bugs and work with stakeholders to fix the same.
- Create and maintain documentation of talent planning infrastructure in Confluence.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal; meet your colleagues.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision, with a focus on the state of the talent industry, the Future of Work, and the core messages important to Toptal.
- Shadow critical teams throughout the organization to learn Toptal’s core operations and capabilities.
In the first month, expect to:
- Develop an understanding of how the talent planning system works, how it is used, and upcoming changes.
- Develop an understanding of how the supply data infrastructure is designed and how the talent planning system is utilized by various stakeholders.
- Build a process to triage and prioritize new feature requests.
- Explore the database to understand the nuances of the structure and where to find meaningful information.
- Build and run test cases for the existing talent planning system, and diagnose any bugs discovered.
- Develop an understanding of planned feature enhancements and relevant organization/team initiatives.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Develop improved operational workflows and identify enhancements needed to the talent planning system to address business needs.
- Design architecture for new talent planning system features and work closely with product, engineering, and design teams to ensure on-track delivery of features.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Ensure delivery of large roadmap initiatives.
- Own user-acceptance testing, roll-out, adoption, and communications of deployments.
- Continuously identify areas of opportunity and ways in which the talent supply model can be improved to achieve organization OKRs.
In the first year, expect to:
- Improve talent supply and talent acquisition process through automation of pre-existing processes and driving efficiencies within the team.
- Work with stakeholders to identify ways in which talent prioritization and forecasting methodologies can be improved and made more precise.
- 1 to 2 years of experience delivering software products.
- Strong experience writing SQL queries.
- Some familiarity with data pipelines and database management concepts.
- Experience documenting complex processes and/or systems in Confluence or a similar platform.
- Experience testing large applications for bugs.
- Experience automating test cases with Selenium, or other automated testing tools, is a plus.
- Detail-oriented in the definition of requirements and mockups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience designing or building MRP systems is a plus.
- Experience with languages like Ruby or Python, and web development is a plus.
- Able to thrive in rapidly changing environments, with a strong willingness and ability to eliminate ambiguity and execute.
- You are the type of person that craves accountability and is able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to iterate quickly to improve the solution versus designing the perfect solution before iterating.
- Willingness to challenge existing ideas and processes if your logic leads you to an alternative conclusion; be able to explain your logic well and leverage first principle reasoning for high-impact decisions.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.