Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, finance, and project management talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As a Support Specialist Lead, you will help promote and preserve Toptal’s commitment to providing a world-class client experience. As an individual contributor, you will have the opportunity to personally deliver the best first impression possible for clients and ensure that impression leads to revenue generation. As a Lead, you will set the example for the highest level of service while mentoring your teammates to do the same. You will have the opportunity to work in a cross-functional capacity with other Toptal teams to promote a culture of continuous improvement. You will use your previous support experience to identify areas for improvement and define and implement new processes while encouraging your teammates to hold themselves to as high of a standard as you hold for yourself.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
You will work with a forward-thinking, globally distributed, and fully remote team. You will personally manage a high volume of inquiries via multiple channels and address all questions and requests accurately and rapidly, either on your own or by pulling in other relevant stakeholders. You will assist in identifying, defining, implementing, and measuring new processes and initiatives in order to ensure the best possible user experience, and be willing and able to train others on this process. You’ll thrive in a fast-paced environment where you will continuously approach problems as an opportunity to improve. Your mentorship of the team will be evident through their continuous focus on providing world-class support.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Become familiar with the various platforms and systems Client Experience utilizes to offer timely and exceptional support.
- Learn how clients can best be served by the different teams during their lifecycle.
- Learn how talent is sourced and empowered through the Toptal network.
- Understand how to best work with internal and external stakeholders.
In the first month you will:
- Effectively and independently handle tickets and inbound calls for the most frequent requests.
- Set up a solid workflow for accessing information via the variety of platforms and support materials.
- Learn how to remain productive and manage your daily tasks.
- Have a solid understanding of the platform as it relates to clients, talent, and most frequent request processes.
In the first three months you will:
- Familiarize yourself with the extensive support materials accessible to Client Experience and take ownership of maintaining those materials for the team.
- Learn to balance tasks as both an individual contributor and a team lead.
In the first six months you will:
- Take ownership of representing the Support side of Client Experience in regards to process.
- Work closely with the CX Manager and Head of CX to review and refine internal processes to improve efficiency across the team.
In the first year you will:
- Act as the subject matter expert on the Support side of Client Experience.
- Own and implement training for new hires as well as ongoing learning for existing team members.
- Continue to lead by example while promoting an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- A strong history of successful customer service and technical support experience, preferably in a team setting.
- To excel at this position, you must be energetic and proactive.
- You must be able to work without much supervision and manage your time and resources efficiently.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- An extensive history of successful customer service over a variety of communication channels. Experience over phone and email is a must. Experience over chat is a plus.
- Must be a strong performer in high-pressure situations.
- To excel at this role, you must be optimistic and persistent. You have the ability to win friends and influence people.
- You must excel at being proactive and an independent contributor.
- You take ownership over your work and see your work as a reflection of yourself.
- You always present new ideas and constantly look for ways to improve things.
- You are a team player. You understand the value of “we” over “me”.
- You lead by example and always put your team first.
- Able to work with efficiency while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- You are flexible, adaptable, and comfortable with ambiguity.
- You are a good listener.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Sarah is a client services professional who is passionate about creating results-driven, scalable processes to promote exemplary client experiences. With a degree in Communications from Boston College, she has more than 10 years of experience in the customer service sector; 20, if you count hospitality (she does). Prior to Toptal, she was the Director of Client Success at Software Advice, a Gartner company. She lives, works, and eats a lot of tacos in Austin, Texas.