Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As the System Administrator, you will be responsible for providing IT support (1st level). You will be responsible for company-wide technical onboarding and offboarding. This role will be responsible for managing credentials, technical tool documentation, management, and auditing. This role will support SecOps with status page maintenance and communication including policy coordination, management, and enforcement ensuring Toptal’s systems are secure. Your natural ability to be resourceful is essential as you will continuously look for opportunities to jump in order to make improvements and deliver value to the organization as a whole.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere, with a strong preference to be based in South American time zones. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
As a member of the ITOps team, you will administer Google G-Suite, including managing organizational units and team drives, the creation of accounts for new team members, and technical support to existing users on a variety of platforms. You will work closely with our People team supporting onboarding and offboarding activities for our team members. You will develop processes, protocols, and documentation for our company-wide technology tools ensuring efficiency and security is a top priority across the organization. You will be responsible for managing status page maintenance and company-wide communications.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn about Toptal’s company-wide tools/systems.
In the first month you will:
- Streamline processes for onboarding and offboarding.
- Streamline processes for managing technical tool data including documentation.
In the first three months you will:
- Work closely with the People team and the other ITOps team members.
- Be able to resolve user management and access requests.
- Have a clear overview of the company structure.
In the first six months you will:
- Develop and communicate processes and protocols for company-wide tools.
- Manage onboarding of tools and creation of accounts.
In the first year you will:
- Provide IT support, often related to issues with access to the company tools and user roles.
- Manage the access to the company services and tools.
- Strong knowledge of remote troubleshooting multiple OS (Windows, MacOS, Linux, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of G-Suite/Slack administration.
- Strong knowledge of Network and Credential management (VPN, Cloud-based Password Managers).
- Proficient in Writing Technical Documentation (JIRA/Confluence or Wiki).
- Basic knowledge of Linux distributions administration CENTOS/RHEL.
- Basic knowledge of Cloud providers administration (AWS/GCP).
- Familiar with infra/engineering tools (Git, Newrelic, Zabbix, etc.).
- Familiar with network services (DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SFTP, SSH, Telnet, etc.).
- Familiar with security tools such as OpenVAS, Nessus, etc. is a plus
- Experience supporting users in a global environment and varying time zones.
- Creative person, out of the box approach, willing to adapt and learn, technically oriented, focused on results
- Must be comfortable with working under pressure and adhering to deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Must have the ability to communicate with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- Must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter who can define strategy and execute with limited guidance.
- Must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #southamerica #northeast