Talent Network Recruiter
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As a Talent Network Recruiter at Toptal, you will be responsible for driving the strategic growth of Toptal’s rapidly expanding community of talent. You will notice on this team we work with the Lead Director of Toptal Development to specialize and refine the sourcing strategy for top development specialists. You will be the primary person responsible for understanding the quality bar that must be met for entry into Toptal’s community. Your sourcing strategies will help ensure that all talent joining the organization will be highly successful on engagements with clients and as members of the network.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
You will be responsible for developing and tuning a rigorous sourcing strategy designed to identify top candidates across a variety of functions and creating a stable pipeline of high-quality talent. You will manage your pipeline and keep it steady over time while working with the Sourcing Team Lead to grow sourcing operations and build the necessary playbooks and important metrics needed to seamlessly operate a complex process at scale. You will identify, reach out, and attract relevant professionals, preparing them for interviews, negotiating salary, and closing candidates to drive the strategic growth of Toptal’s talent community by working closely with the matching team and screening team to determine the dynamic sourcing priority.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Undergo role specific training including learning about the procedures and tools currently used in Toptal’s Sourcing Team.
In the first month, expect to:
- Find opportunities to successfully penetrate the US market.
- Begin to outline the US talent sourcing strategy and test its assumptions through the creation of a strong candidate pipeline.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Build up the strategy, test it thoroughly, capture and analyze the results and implement improvements.
- Establish and maintain a stable candidate pipeline that consistently produces a high volume of top talent successfully passing the screening process and entering client engagements.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Assess the needs for the growth of the team and scale the team as necessary.
- Continue to finetune sourcing techniques while consistently delivering results through identification of top US talent.
In the first year, expect to:
- Create a highly cohesive team of professionals and successfully run the US sourcing efforts.
- Fully own and be seen as the specialist over all US sourcing and pipeline management.
- At least 3 years of experience sourcing or recruiting talent with a proven track record of success.
- Experience sourcing and/or recruiting management consultants is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of the US talent pool and US sourcing strategies.
- An unparalleled eye for talent and a strong understanding of the differences in knowledge and expertise between highly-skilled developers and average talent.
- Ability to proactively find and assess meetup groups, attend events, and naturally network.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- Ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- Remote work experience preferred.
- Leadership experience preferred.
- Must work well with individuals across all functions.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.