Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, finance, and project management talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As a Talent Sourcer at Toptal, you will be responsible for driving the strategic growth of Toptal’s rapidly expanding community of technical and business talent. You will work closely with all of the Talent Operations teams to specialize and refine the sourcing strategy for top development experts. You will be the primary person responsible for understanding the quality bar that must be met for entry into Toptal’s community. Your sourcing strategies will help ensure that all technical talent joining the organization will be highly successful on engagements with enterprise clients and as members of the community.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the US.
You will be responsible for developing and tuning a rigorous sourcing strategy designed to identify top software development experts and creating a stable pipeline of high-quality talent. You will monitor your own pipeline and keep it steady over time while working with the Sourcing Team Lead to grow operations and build the necessary playbooks and KPIs needed to seamlessly operate a complex process at scale. You will identify, reach out to, and attract relevant professionals to drive the strategic growth of Toptal’s technical talent community by working closely with Toptal Talent Operations.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Undergo role specific training including learning about the procedures and tools currently used in Toptal’s Sourcing Team.
In the first month you will:
- Identify opportunities to successfully to penetrate the US market.
- Begin to outline the enterprise client talent sourcing strategy and test its assumptions through the creation of a strong candidate pipeline.
In the first three months you will:
- Build up the strategy, test it thoroughly, capture and analyze the results and implement improvements.
- Establish and maintain a stable candidate pipeline that consistently produces a high volume of top talent successfully passing the screening process and entering enterprise client engagements.
In the first six months you will:
- Continue to finetune the sourcing strategy while consistently delivering results through identification of top talent.
- Formalize pipeline strategies and assist in training and onboarding team members to your methodologies.
In the first year you will:
- Have consistent success in sourcing talent for specific enterprise client needs.
- Fully own the sourcing for a number of enterprise client accounts.
- Extensive knowledge of the US technical talent competitive landscape and successful positioning tactics within this region.
- At least 3 years of experience sourcing or recruiting technical talent with a proven track record of success.
- A strong knowledge of sales pipelines, online campaigns, and recruitment selling techniques.
- Thorough understanding of the technical talent pool and sourcing strategies.
- An unparalleled eye for talent and a strong understanding of the differences in knowledge and expertise between highly-skilled developers and average talent.
- Solid understanding of enterprise level talent.
- Ability to proactively find and assess meetup groups, attend events, and naturally network.
- Ability and drive to identify opportunities to present at developer meetups.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- Ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- Remote work experience preferred.
- You must work well with individuals across all functions.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
Anywhere in the United States
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal's VP of Talent Operations, Martin ensures that Toptal clients get the right talent quickly and that all engagements are successful. He draws on his experience as a long-time engineer and system administrator at organizations like HP Enterprise Services, IBM Global Services, and Toptal to lead teams of hundreds of Toptal's core domain experts in finding, screening, and matching top talent to clients, according to their needs. Martin studied Software Engineering at the Universidad Nacional de Córdoba.
- As the VP of Enterprise, Michael is responsible for driving the rapid scaling of our Enterprise business by establishing processes, service offerings and strategies to take our business to the next level. The Toptal Enterprise team is responsible for developing relationships with leading organizations around the world, and helping those organizations leverage the power of Toptal’s global talent community. With a consulting and entrepreneurial background, through his various leadership roles at organizations such as Accenture and Slalom Consulting, Michael has worked with teams around the world, serving clients at some of the world’s largest companies.