Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As a Talent Specialist at Toptal, you will be responsible for driving the strategic growth of Toptal’s rapidly expanding community of technical talent. You will work closely with the Sourcing Team and the Lead Director of Toptal Development to specialize and refine the sourcing strategy for top development experts. You will be the primary person responsible for understanding the quality bar that must be met for entry into Toptal’s community. Your sourcing strategies will help ensure that all technical talent joining the organization will be highly successful on engagements with clients and as members of the network.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
You will be responsible for developing and tuning a rigorous sourcing strategy designed to identify top candidates across a variety of functions and creating a stable pipeline of high-quality European talent. You will manage your pipeline and keep it steady over time while working with the Sourcing Team Lead to grow sourcing operations and build the necessary playbooks and KPIs needed to seamlessly operate a complex process at scale. You will identify, reach out, and attract relevant professionals, preparing them for interviews, negotiating salary, and closing candidates to drive the strategic growth of Toptal’s technical talent community by working closely with the matching team and screening team to determine the dynamic sourcing priority.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Undergo role specific training including learning about the procedures and tools currently used in Toptal’s Sourcing Team.
In the first month you will:
- Evaluate the training and current mode of work, learn from successes, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Begin to build a strong pipeline of top engineers.
In the first three months you will:
- Source and activate new talent into the Toptal network.
- Reactivate dormant talent and encourage them to complete the screening process.
- Attend local events and meetups to source new candidates.
- Independently organize recruiting events and attend monthly meetups of local developers.
- Fully understand the Toptal culture and act as a brand ambassador.
In the first six months you will:
- Create a stable pipeline of new high-performing talent.
- Be able to quickly and effectively source candidates for specific roles.
- Expand your personal network of Toptal eligible prospects.
In the first year you will:
- Be a key contributor of ideas to improve the candidate funnel.
- Become a team champion and be ready to help new team members overachieve.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- At least 3 years of experience sourcing or recruiting technical talent in Europe with a proven track record of success.
- Thorough understanding of the European talent pool and sourcing strategies.
- An unparalleled eye for talent and a strong understanding of the differences in knowledge and expertise between highly-skilled developers and average talent.
- Ability to proactively find and assess meetup groups, attend events, naturally network, and create email and Social Media campaigns.
- Ability and desire to speak and present at developer meetups.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- Ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- Remote work experience preferred.
- Leadership experience preferred.
- You must work well with individuals across all functions.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #europe