Technical Account Manager - Product Management
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
The Matching team at Toptal is where we pair world-class talent with amazing client opportunities. The team you will be joining excels at finding the right talent for the right engagement/client. You will work closely with several other teams such as Sales, Client Experience, Talent Success, and Talent Acquisition to grow Toptal’s Product & Project Manager network. Interacting on a daily basis with product and project managers in Toptal’s talent network, you will be responsible for maintaining the quality and integrity of talents whom we send to clients, while also helping talent from every corner of the world find their dream job. Being central to Toptal’s operations you will also be the source of feedback for product development and operational processes around the entire Talent Operations function.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
As a Technical Account Manager - Product Management, you will be the direct link between the Top PJM/PDMs that pass our screening process and the clients that are looking to engage them. On a daily basis, you will work closely with multiple Toptal clients on understanding their requirements and needs and finding the best possible candidate for them inside Toptal’s talent network. You will also ensure talent and clients are working together successfully when the engagement has started. Finally, you will be providing input into our processes and tools, as well as working on special projects on occasion to support Toptal on a path of continuous improvement.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision.
- Familiarize yourself with the team’s tools, processes, and reporting mechanisms.
- Become proficient with Toptal’s platform.
- Shadow calls with the vertical lead and peers in PJM & PDM, as well as folks in our sales organization.
In the first month, expect to:
- Take on your first client calls and manage their engagement with Toptal.
- Become familiar with various teams in Toptal and understand how they contribute to the company’s success.
- Partner with both SMB and enterprise sales teams to serve our clients to ensure their success.
- Work closely with the talent and address their needs.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Build a mature client portfolio.
- Track both individual and reference to team metrics as it relates to your OKRs
- Resolve any client-talent disputes which may arise in your client portfolio.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Become eligible to take on Toptal’s major accounts, including top tier brands and clients.
- With a full grasp of the role, you will start making your own minor process adjustments and suggestions.
- Individual OKRs are within the average of the team OKRs (with short term deviation)
- You must have a product and project management background.
- You have excellent communication and people skills. Whether it be clients, colleagues, or talent, you treat them with respect and patience.
- You are very comfortable using voice, video, email, chat, etc as part of your daily routine
- You take ownership and responsibility for the work you do.
- You focus on quality and take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- You are comfortable juggling dozens of clients and talent on a daily basis and don’t get your wires crossed.
- You must be able to multitask and think strategically to connect the dots between opportunities and available resources/capabilities across the network.
- You must have integrity, at the highest level. You must be able to exercise good judgment in novel situations.
- You must have a growth mindset and be very comfortable giving and taking direct feedback and constructive criticism. You must be an exceptional performer in high-pressure situations.
- You must have tremendous emotional intelligence, including exceptional foresight and judgment.
- You must be highly detail-oriented.
- You must be extremely resourceful and creative, capable of solving difficult, critical problems by leveraging the extensive resources of the Toptal organization.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
[Please Note: This is a role that, while not open at the moment, highlights skill sets that are consistently in high demand within Toptal. We encourage interested applicants to apply - as a rapidly scaling company, we end up developing innovative new roles often. We regularly review the applicants for this position to find matches for these unique opportunities.]