Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As a Technical Talent Sourcer at Toptal, you will be responsible for driving the strategic growth of Toptal’s rapidly expanding community of technical talent. You will work closely with the Sourcing Team and the Lead Director of Toptal Development to specialize in sourcing top development experts. You will be the primary person responsible for understanding the quality bar that must be met for entry into Toptal’s community. Your sourcing strategies will help ensure that all technical talent joining the organization will be highly successful on engagements with clients and as members of the community.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere with a prefered location of South America.
You will be responsible for developing and tuning a rigorous sourcing strategy designed to identify top software development experts and creating a stable pipeline of high quality talent in the South American market. You will monitor your own pipeline and keep it steady over time while working with the Sourcing Team Lead to grow sourcing operations and build the necessary playbooks and KPIs needed to seamlessly operate a complex process at scale. You will identify, reach out, and attract relevant professionals to drive the strategic growth of Toptal’s technical talent community by working closely with the matching team and screening team to figure out the dynamic sourcing priority.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Undergo role specific training including learning about the procedures and tools currently used in Toptal’s Sourcing Team.
In the first month you will:
- Evaluate the training and current mode of work, learn from successes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Analyze the existing South American talent pipeline.
- Begin to build a strong pipeline of top engineers from South America.
In the first three months you will:
- Source new and active members in the network.
- Help inactive members become more active and apply for the pending jobs.
- Attend one of the events nearby and meet other Toptalers.
- Independently organize a recruiting event and attend a monthly meetup of local developers.
- Fully understand the Toptal culture including the major DOs and DON’Ts.
In the first six months you will:
- Create a stable pipeline of new high performing South American talent that will get placed on projects faster than average talent.
- Establish strong collaboration and relationships with the team.
- Expand your personal network of Toptal eligible prospects.
In the first year you will:
- Contribute with new and fresh ideas how to approach hard-to-reach talent.
- Become one of the team champions and be ready to help new team members overachieve.
- At least 3 years of experience sourcing or recruiting technical talent from South America with proven track record of success.
- Thorough understanding of the South American talent pool and sourcing strategies.
- An unparalleled eye for talent and a strong understanding of the differences in knowledge and expertise between highly-skilled developers and average talent.
- Ability to proactively find and assess meetup groups, attend events, and naturally network.
- Ability and drive to identify opportunities to present at developer meetups.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- Ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- Remote work experience preferred.
- You must work well with individuals across all functions.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Roman joined Toptal in 2011, bringing in a decade of experience working for various international start-ups and companies. His desire to explore the world while working in multicultiral environments made him fall in love with the Toptal lifestyle and kick off Toptal's first developer community. Today, he is in charge of sourcing and talent partnerships, while also leading the Croatian community of more than 100 Toptal developers.
- Alvaro has worked as lead developer, ERP engineer, founder, consultant, recruiter, and BI specialist for companies such as Kenos, The Bristol Group, and The Wornick Company. His experience also encompasses working for various Brazilian chemical companies and taking part in several international projects throughout Europe. Alvaro participated in the F.I.R.S.T international robotics competition where his team, sponsored by Johnson & Johnson Brazil, placed third. As a college freshman Alvaro placed third at the Brazilian Nationals for the Microsoft Imagine Cup Competition in the Software Design Category. In high school, he was a Top 10 World Finalist. At Toptal, Alvaro combines his passion for computer science with his recruiting finesse to find extraordinarily talented and passionate developers around the globe.