Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold
As a Talent Specialist at Toptal, you will be responsible for driving the strategic growth of Toptal’s rapidly expanding community of technical talent. You will work closely with the Sourcing Team and the Lead Director of Toptal Development to specialize in sourcing top development experts. You will be the primary person responsible for understanding the quality bar that must be met for entry into Toptal’s community. Your sourcing strategies will help ensure that all technical talent joining the organization will be highly successful on engagements with clients and as members of the community.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere with a prefered location of South America. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
You will be responsible for developing and tuning a rigorous sourcing strategy designed to identify top software development experts and creating a stable pipeline of high quality talent in the South American market. You will monitor your own pipeline and keep it steady over time while working with the Sourcing Team Lead to grow sourcing operations and build the necessary playbooks and KPIs needed to seamlessly operate a complex process at scale. You will identify, reach out, and attract relevant professionals to drive the strategic growth of Toptal’s technical talent community by working closely with the matching team and screening team to figure out the dynamic sourcing priority.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Undergo role specific training including learning about the procedures and tools currently used in Toptal’s Sourcing Team.
In the first month you will:
- Evaluate the training and current mode of work, learn from successes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Analyze the existing South American talent pipeline.
- Begin to build a strong pipeline of top engineers from South America.
In the first three months you will:
- Source new and active members in the network.
- Help inactive members become more active and apply for the pending jobs.
- Attend one of the events nearby and meet other Toptalers.
- Independently organize a recruiting event and attend a monthly meetup of local developers.
- Fully understand the Toptal culture including the major DOs and DON’Ts.
In the first six months you will:
- Create a stable pipeline of new high performing South American talent that will get placed on projects faster than average talent.
- Establish strong collaboration and relationships with the team.
- Expand your personal network of Toptal eligible prospects.
In the first year you will:
- Contribute with new and fresh ideas how to approach hard-to-reach talent.
- Become one of the team champions and be ready to help new team members overachieve.
- At least 3 years of experience sourcing or recruiting technical talent from South America with proven track record of success.
- Thorough understanding of the South American talent pool and sourcing strategies.
- An unparalleled eye for talent and a strong understanding of the differences in knowledge and expertise between highly-skilled developers and average talent.
- Ability to proactively find and assess meetup groups, attend events, and naturally network.
- Ability and drive to identify opportunities to present at developer meetups.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- Ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- Remote work experience preferred.
- You must work well with individuals across all functions.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #LI-DNI
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal's Head of Talent Operations, Martin ensures that Toptal clients get the right talent quickly and that all engagements are successful. He draws on his experience as a long-time engineer and system administrator at organizations like HP Enterprise Services, IBM Global Services, and Toptal to lead teams of hundreds of Toptal's core domain experts in finding, screening, and matching top talent to clients, according to their needs. Martin studied Software Engineering at the Universidad Nacional de Córdoba.