As an Outreach Specialist, you will prospect, qualify, and engage with relevant sites and prospective partners online to promote our blog and increase our authority online. You will own the process from beginning to end and beyond. You will also collaborate with the Director of SEO to create link-worthy content and request new content or content changes when opportunities arise.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
You will be responsible for prospecting sites based on relevancy, qualifying sites, and gathering correct contact information. You will be responsible for reaching out and trying to establish a connection. You will also be responsible for monitoring inbound communications, building relationships and partnerships, and following up effectively.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal - meet with the teams and people you will have long-term working relationships with.
- Familiarize yourself with the structure and operations of the Outreach team.
- Work closely with the Outreach Managers to get a fundamental understanding of the teams, products, and business operations.
- Work closely with the team to dive deep into our history, assets, roadmap, and unexplored opportunities that you will be able to lead.
In the first month you will:
- Take ownership of strategic projects at their initial stages or join relevant existing initiatives.
- Dive into how we do SEO research to understand our process completely and craft new methods to share with the team. We only hire hands-on people who take initiative.
- Understand the ins and outs of your role completely.
In the first six months you will:
- Launch dozens of outreach campaigns.
- Build up relationships with website publishers and online influencers.
- Propose unique outreach project ideas.
In the first year you will:
- Become an outreach expert, capable of tackling any outreach project like a pro.
- Be a success story in the Growth team. You will be able to show concrete, bottom-line impact thanks to your projects, and you will be imagining the next batch of even more ambitious projects to drive growth for Toptal.
- 2+ years of recent experience on outbound or outreach campaigns.
- Intermediate knowledge of SEO concepts preferred.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Experience with a tool like Outreach.io, BuzzStream, or Pitchbox preferred.
- Experience keeping track of metrics and being able to report them when needed.
- You must be able to thrive with deadlines and competitive goals.
- You must be comfortable with using G Suite apps such as Sheets and Docs
- You must be comfortable collaborating with a team to get tasks completed as well as working independently.
- Genuine enthusiasm and a can-do attitude.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.