Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers, designers, and business talent all over the world. In the last five years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for top companies requiring top-tier engineering, design, and business talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
While we’re primarily focused on bringing quality and value to our clients, we’re also committed to creating a world-class environment for our employees. We are a completely distributed company with thousands of core and network team members located all over the world, and we take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We take an all-hands-on-deck approach to our work, taking pride in being collaborative, creative, and flexible.
If you aren’t looking for a job because you’re already killing it, we want you.
As the U.S. Talent and Community Lead, you will join a high-energy team whose job is to engage and support thousands of Toptal business consultants, engineers, and designers in the United States, both online and in person at events and conferences. You will work with dozens of local leaders to help coordinate high-impact, high-end events and encourage learning, communication, and collaboration to accelerate the already thriving Toptal community. You will work with dozens of core team members to support and grow the infrastructure needed to scale our community—both internally and externally. You will work closely with the Community, Executive, Corporate Marketing, and Enterprise Sales Teams on special projects and growth initiatives to support the long-term success of some of Toptal’s most important initiatives.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Build the online and offline Toptal network in the United States, with a focus on building a thriving Toptal Business community.
- Create and maintain strong external partnerships with leading business conferences, publications, and media companies to facilitate the growth of Toptal’s presence in the business talent space of major U.S. cities.
- Work with Marketing and Enterprise Sales teams to organize events and coordinate marketing initiatives in the business services world.
- Plan and execute a variety of large budget, high impact initiatives, ranging from black tie social events to strategy consulting conferences.
- Monitor, optimize, and report on growth metrics and KPIs, with a focus on finding sustainable strategies that will ensure the long-term growth of the Toptal Business network.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and strategy sessions.
- Communicate constantly with teams via Skype.
- Experience at a top strategy consulting company and/or an MBA from a top business school.
- A strong, geographically distributed network of professional business talent, preferably with a focus on New York City and San Francisco.
- You must be eager to regularly (multiple times per month) travel to high-end business functions in San Francisco, New York City, and London.
- To excel at this position, you must be energetic and proactive, with a strong ability to leverage your network to facilitate high-impact initiatives in coordination with Toptal’s Marketing and Enterprise Sales teams.
- You must be comfortable with tech industry culture, preferably with experience working with developers and designers.
- You must be a self-starter with lots of initiative and creativity.
- You must be an excellent leader with an exceptional ability to explain complex concepts clearly while dealing with multiple projects and priorities.
- You need to be comfortable with all aspects of global recruitment and management of global teams, and you must always be an outstanding brand ambassador.
- While a technical background is not required, you must be excellent at using data and quantitative approaches for decision making.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
Anywhere in the United States
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Dror has a BSE in Chemical and Biological Engineering and a minor in Computer Science from Princeton University, where he was the President of the Engineering Honor Society. With extensive prior experience on Toptal's Growth Team as the Head of Marketing & Communications, Dror works with a variety of teams across Toptal as the Director of Operations, focusing on scalable execution frameworks and KPIs. Dror also spends most of his time traveling, frequently visiting Toptalers and Toptal communities around the world.
- Saalim specializes in driving growth in organizations. In the corporate world, he was a Senior Executive at News Corp (NYSE:NWS) and Trinity Mirror (LON:TNI), where he led digital growth and transformation. As a Freelance Business Consultant, he's advised the Daily Mail (LON:DMGT) and Telegraph Media Group. His entrepreneurial career, mostly in Marketing or CTO roles, ranges from the cloud security company ScanSafe, acquired by Cisco for $183m, to Skillbridge, a talent marketplace for business consulting that was acquired by Toptal. His career started at the Boston Consulting Group. He was educated at Oxford, Cambridge, and the LSE.