UX Writer/Product Content Strategist
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is looking for an experienced UX Writer/Product Content Strategist to join our Content Strategy Team. This person will be responsible for developing the content strategy and copy for all Toptal products and platforms.
You will have experience digging into complex issues and developing content strategies that solve problems and creating a world-class user experience (for our enterprise, SMB, and talent audiences). You should have experience creating product copy standards and the ability to create and maintain a voice and tone library.
In this role, you will work with a team of product managers, UX and UI designers, and engineers to strategically communicate Toptal’s narrative and drive action.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Lead Toptal’s product content strategy across the Toptal site, internal talent and client platforms, and mobile applications.
- Elevate the quality of product copy, making sure it is backed by data, conveys clarity of thought, and is compelling and action-inducing for an intelligent, driven audience.
- Write, edit, and test all copy on our site, platforms, and portals.
- Define and apply product copy standards, ensuring that all users have a clear, consistent, and compelling experience.
- Create and maintain a product voice and tone library to ensure copy is consistent.
- Contribute copy to the development of clear and concise product specs.
- Collaborate with other team members and partners.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Meet the other members of your team and integrate yourself into the brand marketing function.
- Immerse yourself in your first content projects.
In the first month, expect to:
- Meet other teams across Toptal that you’ll work with.
- Complete several content projects and get a better feel for the type of work you’ll be doing.
- Clarify and pressure-test different processes and workflows you’ll use when collaborating with other functions.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Become fully integrated into Toptal.
- Have finished several initiatives that you’ll be proud of.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Strategize how to scale the work you do as Toptal grows.
- Have helped launch a new app and other exciting product features and enhancements.
- 5 to 7 years of experience working as a Product Content Strategist.
- A strong creative mind and a consistent track record of connecting content strategies to business objectives.
- Ability to think about and write content focused on nuanced technical concepts relevant to development, design, and finance. Technical writing experience is a plus.
- Experience working with an in-house product team, including working with UX/UI designers, information architecture, and responsive design teams.
- Ability to work with partners to understand detailed requirements and build copy flows for complete user experiences that meet stakeholder needs and vision.
- Outstanding clarity of thought in communication and analysis, and the ability to explain complex user experiences in simple terms.
- A strong knack for communications strategy and an eye for the long-term scalability of copy decisions.
- Ability to visualize strategic product solutions and bring them to life with copy.
- You must be a relentless, creative problem solver who is unwilling to compromise on the clarity and impact of copy.
- Strong understanding of the components of compelling, action-inducing communications.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.