Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As the Verticalization Project Manager, you will be responsible for planning, developing, and launching new Toptal verticals from the ground up. You will drive annual and long term vertical portfolio goals, develop and maintain company-wide launch schedules, and project manage the verticals in development. Your ability to effectively communicate and organize these cross-collaborative efforts will maximize the speed, quality, and success of new verticals. You will collaborate with teams across the company, including Executive, Talent, Product, Growth, and Sales to develop and launch new verticals. You will take point in building and optimizing the operations of these new services offerings within Toptal and assist teams in hiring for new verticals, scaling new vertical operations, and transitioning launched verticals to the permanent team leadership.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
You will be responsible for the planning, coordination, and execution of annual vertical launch goals. You will collaborate with executives and stakeholders across the company to build launch work plans and timetables. You will then project manage the execution of the launch work plans according to those timetables. The experience and expertise developed during these launches will be used to help formulate future expansion plans. Your ability to communicate and strategize will directly impact the ease and success of new vertical launches.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Project manage work plans, alongside a vertical launch team, to create new verticals.
- Work with relevant cross-functional teams to develop launch schedules.
- Support detailed analysis of launch results and make recommendations on future proposed verticals.
- Continuously optimize the vertical launch plan alongside the vertical launch team and all relevant stakeholders.
- Communicate hiring needs, launch status, schedules, and all vertical communications through formal and informal status updates both internally and externally to all stakeholders.
- Assist the vertical product team in integrating new verticals into our current products and business operations.
- Foster a project work environment that promotes productivity, innovation, and fairness.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to team members on vertical launch and strategy.
- Validate completion of critical tasks and critical dependencies. This role should communicate the good and the bad - flag concerns early and often.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision.
- Shadow key teams across the company to learn the core of Toptal’s operations and capabilities.
In the first month you will:
- Review and optimize the new vertical launch work plan.
- Further document the new specialization launch work plan.
- Build a launch calendar for verticalization launches and plan resources across the company.
In the first three months you will:
- Open up the Marketing Vertical for invited clients and talent.
- Finalize the go-to-market strategy for other potential verticals.
- Build job descriptions and hire vertical leads for other potential verticals.
In the first six months you will:
- Finalize and launch the Marketing Vertical.
- Open up two additional verticals for invited clients and talent.
- Map future vertical launches and begin the process.
In the first year you will:
- Develop a final and optimized vertical launch work plan that will enable us to continue developing new verticals at an impressive pace.
- Strong communication skills; with a strong ability in disseminating briefs (status reports, executive summaries, etc) in a routine and organized manner.
- 3+ years of project management experience in an agile environment, preferably with experience at a software, talent, or consulting company.
- Passion and proven talent for launching projects on-time, on-budget, and on-strategy.
- Capacity to thoroughly understand the functional and technical aspects of complex business operations.
- Strong leadership skills, setting the tempo of a flexible and adaptable work environment.
- Proficient business and technical experience, with a strong talent for enabling productive communication between outside groups.
- Ability to seamlessly handle multiple project work plans at once.
- Ability to recognize, communicate, problem solve, and resolve threats or blockers encountered during vertical launches.
- Ability to proactively track progress and ensure completion of critical aspects of workflows.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #LI-DNI
US or Latin America