Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As the VP of Growth Marketing, you will be responsible for scaling Toptal’s Growth Marketing Team, driving strategy, setting priorities, expanding capability, growing a world-class team, and delivering on ambitious revenue goals. You will grow the company’s 100M+ revenue base by working at the intersection of business, technology, big data, analytics and marketing. You will have executive accountability for all digital performance marketing channels, including paid search, SEO, paid social media, display advertising, retargeting, affiliate marketing as well as analytics and insights. You will work with Toptal’s executive team to set Toptal’s long-term growth strategies and guide the company’s growth trajectory to new inflection points.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Work with the Executive team, Enterprise Sales, SMB Sales and other key stakeholders across the company to set and execute the strategy and roadmap for Toptal’s long-term growth.
- Guide the organization, prioritization, and focus of Growth Team members as the team scales.
- Determine the KPIs and build the dashboards that each functional area of the Growth Team needs to execute effectively in the context of the larger goals of the team.
- Create playbooks and training modules for the successful development of growth skills and initiatives across product, SEO, SEM, funnel optimization, digital marketing, etc.
- Guide the team in maximizing and maintaining the impact of all successful growth experiments via playbooks, automated systems, and dashboards.
- Oversee the interviewing and hiring of new team members as the team continues to scale.
- Position the team to support the needs of new verticals as Toptal continues to expand its service to new segments.
- Build revenue projections and align the team behind weekly and quarterly goals to meet those projections.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to the organization on strategy.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Slack, Zoom and other means.
- Demonstrated experience growing revenue at scale via performance marketing within a B2B technology or services company.
- You must have a best-in-class, analytical and data-driven background in a STEM field, with credentials from a top university preferred.
- You must be highly motivated by the prospect of scaling a hyper-growth company while leading a team of engineers, designers, data scientists and growth marketing experts.
- You must be an extremely quick, strategic thinker with exceptional experience leading highly analytical teams.
- Extensive experience interviewing candidates for analytical positions and a keen eye for talent.
- Strong experience leading analytical teams at rapidly growing businesses is required. Proven experience as an entrepreneur is preferred.
- Experience leading and scaling cross functional, dynamic teams.
- A strong ability to build highly effective training sequences for diverse skillsets.
- Experience guiding and executing functional specialization within teams, including setting and monitoring KPIs that both reflect clear division of responsibilities and larger team goals.
- Demonstrated analytical rigor. You must know how to quantitatively analyze and optimize marketing programs and growth initiatives.
- A lean, data-driven, process and KPI-oriented mentality is critical.
- You must have a strong bias for action and the ability to foster a competitive, results-driven mentality in your team. You must be extremely persistent by nature and unwilling to let your team lose or leave problems unsolved.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor first and foremost to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Breanden has been an engineer, founder, CTO, and consultant in industries ranging from aerospace to financial services to high tech. He has a BSE in Chemical Engineering from Princeton University, where he was previously asked to speak at TEDxPrincetonU, giving a talk on time optimization and resource management. As a Toptal co-founder, Breanden frequently writes about scaling a hyper-growth and distributed company, and he has been featured on the blog of Tim Ferriss, The Huffington Post, and many others. Having been on both sides of the hiring equation as an engineer and team lead, Breanden combines his technical expertise and management experience to ensure that clients, developers, and team members at Toptal continually strive for excellence as the company rapidly scales.