Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite tech and business talent all over the world. In the last five years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for companies requiring top-shelf talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
While we’re primarily focused on bringing quality and value to our clients, we’re also committed to creating a world-class environment for our employees. We are a completely distributed company with thousands of core and network team members located all over the world, and we take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We take an all-hands-on-deck approach to our work, taking pride in being collaborative, creative, and flexible.
If you aren’t looking for a job because you’re already killing it, we want you.
As Toptal’s VP of Marketing, you will be responsible for working with teams across the company to deliver on a wide range of marketing needs. You will be supporting the Enterprise, PR, Product, Design, Sales, and Growth teams to define cohesive messaging and branding, drive marketing strategy, and create marketing collateral including case studies, white papers, client stories, videos, decks, and more. You will also help build Toptal’s online presence and guide social media strategy. Over time, you will build a team to support rapidly growing marketing needs across the company, ensuring quality and consistent messaging across all Toptal marketing materials.
This is a remote, full-time position that can be done from anywhere.
- Collaborate closely with fast-paced teams across Toptal to support all marketing needs, including working directly with the Enterprise, Product, PR, Sales, and Growth teams.
- Synthesize marketing strategy and guidance from key stakeholders and work with Toptal’s core design team to execute, delivering case studies, white papers, client stories, videos, and more.
- Work with designers, writers, and developers in hands-on granular detail to deliver perfect marketing campaigns, landing pages, and other tangible deliverables.
- Define world-class quality standards for all Toptal marketing materials and ensure that all deliverables meet these standards.
- Develop messaging and design standards for marketing collateral across each of Toptal’s target audiences and forms of collateral.
- Build a marketing team with dedicated marketing specialists as the needs of teams across Toptal grow.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to peers and stakeholders on strategy.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Skype, Slack, Email, Phone, etc.
- Strong professional background as part of a successful marketing team, including extensive direct experience writing copy and delivering a variety of forms of marketing collateral.
- Experience creating enterprise case studies, white papers, and client stories is preferred.
- Experience delivering marketing materials for B2B professional services is preferred.
- You must be a self-starter with initiative and drive, capable of executing rapidly with limited strategic direction.
- You must have an exceptional eye for quality in marketing collateral and an unwillingness to compromise on the quality of both messaging and design.
- Experience with the nuances of different forms of marketing collateral and how to adapt messaging and design to each form.
- You must be extremely driven by the prospect of building a high-performing marketing function that scales with Toptal over time.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- Ability to build and scale in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well with individuals across a variety of functions.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor first and foremost to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Breanden has been an engineer, founder, CTO, and consultant in industries ranging from aerospace to financial services to high tech. He has a BSE in Chemical Engineering from Princeton University, where he was previously asked to speak at TEDxPrincetonU, giving a talk on time optimization and resource management. As a Toptal co-founder, Breanden frequently writes about scaling a hyper-growth and distributed company, and he has been featured on the blog of Tim Ferriss, The Huffington Post, and many others. Having been on both sides of the hiring equation as an engineer and team lead, Breanden combines his technical expertise and management experience to ensure that clients, developers, and team members at Toptal continually strive for excellence as the company rapidly scales.
- With experience as a lead engineer at Fotolog (acquired by Hi-Media for $100m) and Slide (acquired by Google for $228m), as well as experience with his own start-ups, Taso brings top engineering knowledge and management experience to Toptal. While running a small engineering consulting firm, Taso recognized that while many of his co-workers overseas were just as good as his friends and colleagues at Google, Facebook, and other companies with distinguished engineering talent, it was simply very difficult for such companies to connect with the right engineers remotely. Toptal was thus created as a solution to the sky-rocketing demand for top engineers in Silicon Valley, the US, and Europe despite the shrinking local graduation rates of such engineers. Taso was recently selected by Forbes as one of its 30 under 30 in Enterprise Technology.