Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As Toptal’s VP of Marketing, you will be responsible for building a world-class marketing function at Toptal, developing and executing the marketing strategy for areas across the company, including Enterprise, PR, Product, Sales, and Growth. You will define cohesive messaging and branding, drive marketing strategy, and create top-notch marketing collateral. You will also own the marketing strategy and messaging across Toptal’s website. Once you determine and execute the operations of Toptal’s marketing function, you will be expected to build and lead a high-performing marketing team to match Toptal’s rapid growth.
This is a remote, full-time position that can be done from anywhere.
- Collaborate with fast-paced teams across Toptal to develop and execute marketing strategy across Enterprise, Product, PR, Sales, and Growth.
- Develop the processes, strategies, and quality standards needed to execute and scale the production of world-class case studies, white papers, client stories, videos, and more.
- Work with designers, writers, and developers to deliver perfect marketing campaigns, landing pages, and other tangible deliverables.
- Define world-class quality standards for all Toptal marketing materials and ensure that all deliverables meet these standards.
- Develop marketing strategy and messaging standards across each of Toptal’s target audiences and forms of collateral.
- Build a high-performing marketing team that scales to match Toptal’s rapid growth.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to peers and stakeholders on strategy.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Skype, Slack, Email, Phone, etc.
- Strong professional background as part of a successful marketing team, including direct experience developing and executing marketing strategy.
- Experience creating enterprise case studies, white papers, and client stories is preferred.
- Experience delivering marketing materials for B2B professional services is preferred.
- You must be a self-starter with initiative and drive, capable of executing rapidly with limited strategic direction.
- You must have an exceptional eye for quality in marketing collateral and an unwillingness to compromise on the quality of both messaging and design.
- Experience with the nuances of different forms of marketing collateral and how to adapt messaging and design to each form.
- You must be extremely driven by the prospect of building a high-performing marketing function that scales with Toptal over time.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- Ability to build and scale in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well with individuals across a variety of functions.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor first and foremost to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal's co-founder and COO, Breanden drives Toptal's growth by building world-class teams and operational infrastructure spanning 40+ countries to meet the talent needs of Toptal's 10,000+ clients. As a frequent writer, Breanden has published articles on leadership of distributed teams and hypergrowth company culture. Having been on both sides of the hiring equation as an engineer and team lead, Breanden combines his technical expertise and management experience to ensure that clients, talent, and team members at Toptal continually strive for excellence as the company rapidly scales. Breanden has a BSE in Chemical Engineering from Princeton University.
- As Toptal’s co-founder and CEO, Taso manages Toptal’s core team of hundreds of team members distributed throughout the world, with a focus on innovation. Since Toptal was founded in 2010, Taso has led it to become the largest high-skilled labor marketplace in the world. Taso serves on the board of multiple organizations, advising on talent strategy and innovation for Fortune 100s and non-profits. Taso has guest lectured at Harvard Business School, Wharton, and Oxford on talent management and entrepreneurship.