Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, finance, and project management talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
The VP of Partner & Channel Marketing will be responsible for developing and leading Toptal’s strategic channel partnership initiatives with enterprise scale organizations worldwide. You will work closely with the executive team and various team leaders to identify and develop strong, mutually beneficial relationships with organizations that have strategically compatible areas of expertise. You will be responsible for planning, executing, and maintaining a variety of large-scale business development initiatives that drive revenue for the company.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Identify large organizations and other distribution partners who are strategically well-positioned to accelerate Toptal’s growth in both the enterprise and SMB segments.
- Identify potential channel partners across a variety of clusters, according to industry, geography, Toptal product vertical, customer segments, and specific area of expertise.
- Build a small team of partner and channel marketers and business development experts to drive business development and account management, as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the executive team to build and maintain a pipeline of relationships with potential partners, taking responsibility for the relationship throughout all stages of development.
- Close partnership agreements while properly balancing company goals, speed, and economic potential.
- Evaluate the financial and non-financial benefits and risks of new partnerships.
- Take primary responsibility for the execution and integration of new partnerships.
- Track, report, and optimize the performance of partnerships, including identifying issues as they arise, assessing possible solutions, and executing those solutions.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to team members on partnership initiatives.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Slack.
- A minimum of 10-15 years of senior leadership in strategic planning, business development and closing partner deals, channel partnerships and VAR agreements with enterprise-level companies is required. Having partnerships experience at a systems integration, product development, or major consulting firm with strategic platform vendors is a plus.
- Ability to identify, navigate to, and nurture relationships with key stakeholders at companies strategically positioned to accelerate Toptal’s growth.
- You must be an energetic, proactive, self-starter who is highly capable of identifying and executing the necessary steps needed to drive forward channel partnerships.
- Ability to identify and form relationships with relevant decision makers at candidate channel partner organizations.
- An exceptional understanding of organizational structures, priorities, and areas of expertise.
- Outstanding ability to envision, clearly define, and execute channel partnership opportunities that are mutually beneficial on a long-term basis.
- A tremendous talent for evaluating the ramifications of prospective partnerships across a number of different planes and the ability to prioritize initiatives appropriately according to company goals.
- An exceptional network of business contacts, particularly in the enterprise space, and the ability to leverage those contacts to facilitate partnership opportunities.
- Experience facilitating partnerships across multiple industries.
- While a technical background is not required, you must be excellent at using data and quantitative approaches for decision making.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be a world-class presenter.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor first and foremost to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal's co-founder and COO, Breanden drives Toptal's growth by building world-class teams and operational infrastructure spanning 40+ countries to meet the talent needs of Toptal's 10,000+ clients. As a frequent writer, Breanden has published articles on leadership of distributed teams and hypergrowth company culture. Having been on both sides of the hiring equation as an engineer and team lead, Breanden combines his technical expertise and management experience to ensure that clients, talent, and team members at Toptal continually strive for excellence as the company rapidly scales. Breanden has a BSE in Chemical Engineering from Princeton University.
- As the VP of Enterprise, Michael is responsible for driving the rapid scaling of our Enterprise business by establishing processes, service offerings and strategies to take our business to the next level. The Toptal Enterprise team is responsible for developing relationships with leading organizations around the world, and helping those organizations leverage the power of Toptal’s global talent community. With a consulting and entrepreneurial background, through his various leadership roles at organizations such as Accenture and Slalom Consulting, Michael has worked with teams around the world, serving clients at some of the world’s largest companies.