Web Content Writer
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is looking for a Web Content Writer to join our Content Strategy team. This person will be responsible for the content and copy that appears on Toptal’s web pages. Can you write clear and concise copy that has punch? Can you get across complex ideas quickly and with flair? If so, we encourage you to apply!
In this role, you will write and edit copy for the web, including section headers, descriptions, copy blocks, and more. You will ensure that our web pages communicate ideas clearly and in an engaging, authentic way.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- You will write, edit, and publish amazing, punchy copy that entices visitors to stay on our website, engage with our content, and dig deeper into our secondary and tertiary pages.
- You will create a narrative flow for web copy that keeps readers engaged and prompts them to take action.
- You will work with our web and design teams to ensure the copy you produce is presented in a visually appealing way.
- Your copy will inspire action and encourage conversions (talent sign ups and client business).
- You will adhere to Toptal’s editorial style guide and standards, and ensure our voice and tone is woven throughout web copy.
- Collaborate with team members and partners to ensure web content is presented in the best possible way.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Meet the other members of your team and integrate yourself into the Marketing function.
- Familiarize yourself with Toptal’s web experience.
- Immerse yourself in your first web content project.
In the first month, expect to:
- Meet other teams across Toptal that you’ll work with.
- Complete several web content projects and get a better feel for the type of work you’ll be doing.
- Clarify and pressure-test different processes and workflows you’ll use when collaborating with other functions.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Become fully integrated into Toptal.
- Have finished several initiatives that you’ll be proud of.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Strategize how to scale the work you do as Toptal grows.
- Have published new and exciting web content.
- Have created a strategy to deliver current, compelling web content on a consistent basis.
In the first year, expect to:
- Have full understanding and control over Toptal website copy.
- Have mastered the Toptal style, voice and tone.
- Have written web content that has generated conversions.
- Implemented a repeatable process for updating web content.
- 5 years of experience in a marketing or web content writing position.
- A strong creative mind and a consistent track record of connecting content to business objectives.
- Ability to think about and write punchy B2B web content focused on nuanced technical concepts relevant to development, design, and finance.
- Technical writing or advertising writing experience is a plus.
- Experience working with in-house design and product teams.
- Ability to work with partners to understand requirements and build web copy flows for complete user experiences that meet stakeholder needs and vision.
- Outstanding clarity of thought in communication and analysis, and the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms.
- A strong knack for communications strategy and an eye for the long-term scalability of copy decisions.
- Ability to visualize strategic solutions and bring them to life with copy.
- You must be a relentless, creative problem solver who is unwilling to compromise on the clarity and impact of copy.
- Strong understanding of the components of compelling, action-inducing communications.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills and perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.