Verified Expert in Design
Alessio has led user-centered design work to build award-winning software and experiences enjoyed by millions of people around the world. His experience includes working with IBM, Adidas, and design agencies. In addition to his UI/UX work, Alessio has also designed fonts used by brands like eBay, Amazon, and USA Today.
Ryanair Car Hire
Runtastic - Running and Fitness
Staff Product Designer
- Led a large project to collaborate on defining a Product Direction for Hotjar.
- Led the revamp of the onboarding experience, resulting in significant increases in revenue, activation and retention.
- Pushed for accessibility improvements and awareness within the company.
Lead Product Designer
- Managed the design team, took care of hiring and improved cross-functional collaboration.
- Led and coordinated all core design initiatives, including establishing user research processes, establishing a consistent design system. This work contributed to an increase of over 300% in the number of educators that were very satisfied with Aula.
- Proposed and lead a complete rebranding project, which was helped get the company sold.
Senior Product Designer
- I led the design for a variety of key areas, with a focus on product strategy, user research, our design system.
- I set the foundations of user research at the company.
- I lead a key project with one of the largest fashion retailers in the world, which brought in a significant amount of revenue.
Senior Product Designer (UI/UX)
- Played a key role in all projects of the partnerships team, fulfilling the vision of delivering the most innovative and personalized experience for each individual shopper.
- Evolved Zalando’s design system for both business and consumer use cases.
- Unified tools and processes used internally to create marketing campaigns on Zalando, making the process 140% faster.
- Worked with a plurality of stakeholders to bring user-centered methods to the team, frequently leading workshops and user interviews. This approach helped us achieve a 66% increase in user satisfaction in our digital marketing tools.
Lead UI/UX Designer
- Served as the lead designer in the strategic business team and took care of all the design efforts for CarTrawler’s most important commercial partners, including Europe’s largest airline, Ryanair.
- Developed the strategy and vision for the CarTrawler platform, making decisions informed by advanced analytics as well as qualitative user feedback.
- Collaborated directly with clients to design and deliver solutions that integrated seamlessly with the client’s platforms and delivered great user experiences.
- Supported the commercial team in acquiring new business partners and strengthening relations with existing ones.
- Mentored other designers and allowed them to grow by giving feedback and sharing experiences and best practices.
- Served as a designer for the IBM Security portfolio providing user research, user experience design, visual design, and user testing.
- Developed tools for cybersecurity analysts and developers.
- Designed a flow that reduces the time needed for developers to get signing certificates for their apps from over three days to five minutes.
- Worked in an agile development environment with a distributed team across Europe and America.
- Led user research including activities like user interviews and usability testing sessions.
- Facilitated design thinking workshops, guiding people from different backgrounds through user-centered design techniques.
- Spoke at conferences promoting the role of design at IBM.
Runtastic - adidas Group
- Served as part of the mobile UI/UX team, mostly working on the Runtastic suite of mobile apps.
- Played a key role in the launch of the sleep-tracking app Sleep Better, which is Runtastic’s most successful launch to date.
- Led a UI refinement that brought the Runtastic app to the Play Store Editor’s Choice and the Google I/O 2015 Material Design Showcase.
- Contributed to multiple high-profile digital, print, and exhibition projects.
- Designed a publication for Mercedes-Benz that turned the company into a loyal customer of the agency.
- Led the design of an interactive exhibition for the European Space Agency that was included in the prestigious ADI Design Index .
Bachelor of Science Degree with Honors in Computer Science
Dublin Business School - Dublin, Ireland
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Industrial Design
ISIA Rome Design - Rome, Italy