Verified Expert in Design
Alex is a product designer who wants to work with you. He partners with startups, organizations, and agencies to rethink design strategies or invent new ones. Alex has helped startups receive collectively over $2 million in funding. He also co-operates a research and design collective called Collectively Made.
Product Design Strategist
- Formed an LLC to act as a worker-owned cooperative, allowing myself to leverage the collective structure to curate the best talent and collaborate as an agile unit.
- Advised on UX strategies for product teams, including UX writing, design documentation, utilization of the "Shape Up" framework, user flows, and rapid prototyping.
- Acted as a fractional head of UX for small teams by providing design leadership, sharing feedback, and improving team collaboration.
- Guided teams through complex processes like running design sprints, building design systems, setting up design operations, and implementing user testing processes.
- Implemented data-tracking tools that help collaborators track business metrics and compare them against high-level goals.
- Designed and developed nuanced UX strategies that improve product conversion.
- Designed and developed a mobile app paired with a web app that replaces the paper-based processes of a health and human services company.
- Built an agricultural appraisal software tool for a farm management company capable of handling hundreds of thousands of land sale data points.
- Built a modular design system capable of re-imagining a simpler and lighter experience that echoes the bespoke quality of the brand.
- Prototyped interactions to enhance the user experience from the homepage to product details to checkout.
- Consulted with development teams to create a handoff process between design and development.
- Designed and tested new product pages focused on PPE and other protective equipment as the brand pivoted during the pandemic.
- Designed and tested the new stories sections of the site that focused on sponsored athletes and other high-fidelity content.
- Acted as a fractional lead of the UX for the product team by providing design leadership, sharing feedback, and improving team collaboration.
- Guided teams through design sprints, building and maintaining a design system called Clutch, setting up design operations, and planning design reviews.
- Implemented user testing flows that helped collaborators monitor and validate product and design assumptions.
- Was responsible for overhauling various eCommerce UX touchpoints, dealing with everything from product listing page to checkout.
- Led the product design efforts on a collaboration tool currently being used by over 500 users.
- Implemented a design system framework to increase the speed of design iteration and development.
- Organized a user testing process to yield a better understanding of user persona needs to prioritize the roadmap better.
- Worked with big brand stakeholders such as Adidas, Teva Sanuk, Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister, and Spotify.
- Conceptualized and tested features to validate ideas before wasting development time.
- Led the product design on several product-related touchpoints.
- Scoped feature sets and planned design sprints for the product team.
- Crafted wireframes and prototyped unique B2B solutions and product features.
- Conducted user research, interviews, and usability testing.
- Designed and mocked high-fidelity screens to concept, market, and prototype product releases.
Freelance UX Designer
- Met with stakeholders via Skype, hangouts, and phone to understand pain points and define deliverables.
- Assisted in redesigning a variety of web pages utilizing the company's style guide and pre-built components.
- Created a number of print materials such as reports, tables, documents, and brochures.
- Consulted with a company concerning scoping projects and creating requirements.
- Implemented functional CSS code to make on-the-fly style updates without needing to ever touch the site code.
Freelance UX Designer
- Wireframed, designed, and prototyped unique eCommerce experiences on a variety of touchpoints.
- Conducted user research and user testing analysis to validate UX design decisions.
- Implemented and assisted with the componentization of front-end modules.
- Consulted in road mapping and scoping of new projects and business opportunities.
- Met with stakeholders to define pain points and opportunities to be solved with design.
Lead Designer | Front-end Developer
- Led the design and front-end development for all projects.
- Organized and worked with a small team using a variety of methodologies.
- Handled product design, art direction, and UI/UX for all projects throughout the various stages of development.
- Designed UI elements and converted those designs to front-end code.
- Managed the front end and style guide in-house for several big clients.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Studio Art and Design
University of Nebraska–Lincoln - Lincoln, NE, USA