Verified Expert in Design
Alex is a product designer who wants to work with you. He partners with startups, organizations, and agencies to rethink design strategies or invent new ones. Alex has helped startups receive collectively over $2 million in funding. He also co-operates a research and design collective called Collectively Made.
Quality Improvement Solutions App
Product Design Strategist
- Formed an LLC to act as a worker-owned cooperative, allowing myself to leverage the collective structure to curate the best talent and collaborate as an agile unit.
- Advised on UX strategies for product teams, including UX writing, design documentation, utilization of the "Shape Up" framework, user flows, and rapid prototyping.
- Acted as a fractional head of UX for small teams by providing design leadership, sharing feedback, and improving team collaboration.
- Guided teams through complex processes like running design sprints, building design systems, setting up design operations, and implementing user testing processes.
- Implemented data-tracking tools that help collaborators track business metrics and compare them against high-level goals.
- Designed and developed nuanced UX strategies that improve product conversion.
- Designed and developed a mobile app paired with a web app that replaces the paper-based processes of a health and human services company.
- Built an agricultural appraisal software tool for a farm management company capable of handling hundreds of thousands of land sale data points.
- Built a modular design system capable of re-imagining a simpler and lighter experience that echoes the bespoke quality of the brand.
- Prototyped interactions to enhance the user experience from the homepage to product details to checkout.
- Consulted with development teams to create a handoff process between design and development.
- Designed and tested new product pages focused on PPE and other protective equipment as the brand pivoted during the pandemic.
- Designed and tested the new stories sections of the site that focused on sponsored athletes and other high-fidelity content.
- Acted as a fractional lead of the UX for the product team by providing design leadership, sharing feedback, and improving team collaboration.
- Guided teams through design sprints, building and maintaining a design system called Clutch, setting up design operations, and planning design reviews.
- Implemented user testing flows that helped collaborators monitor and validate product and design assumptions.
- Was responsible for overhauling various eCommerce UX touchpoints, dealing with everything from product listing page to checkout.
- Led the product design efforts on a collaboration tool currently being used by over 500 users.
- Implemented a design system framework to increase the speed of design iteration and development.
- Organized a user testing process to yield a better understanding of user persona needs to prioritize the roadmap better.
- Worked with big brand stakeholders such as Adidas, Teva Sanuk, Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister, and Spotify.
- Conceptualized and tested features to validate ideas before wasting development time.
- Led the product design on several product-related touchpoints.
- Scoped feature sets and planned design sprints for the product team.
- Crafted wireframes and prototyped unique B2B solutions and product features.
- Conducted user research, interviews, and usability testing.
- Designed and mocked high-fidelity screens to concept, market, and prototype product releases.
Freelance UX Designer
- Met with stakeholders via Skype, hangouts, and phone to understand pain points and define deliverables.
- Assisted in redesigning a variety of web pages utilizing the company's style guide and pre-built components.
- Created a number of print materials such as reports, tables, documents, and brochures.
- Consulted with a company concerning scoping projects and creating requirements.
- Implemented functional CSS code to make on-the-fly style updates without needing to ever touch the site code.
Freelance UX Designer
- Wireframed, designed, and prototyped unique eCommerce experiences on a variety of touchpoints.
- Conducted user research and user testing analysis to validate UX design decisions.
- Implemented and assisted with the componentization of front-end modules.
- Consulted in road mapping and scoping of new projects and business opportunities.
- Met with stakeholders to define pain points and opportunities to be solved with design.
Lead Designer | Front-end Developer
- Led the design and front-end development for all projects.
- Organized and worked with a small team using a variety of methodologies.
- Handled product design, art direction, and UI/UX for all projects throughout the various stages of development.
- Designed UI elements and converted those designs to front-end code.
- Managed the front end and style guide in-house for several big clients.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Studio Art and Design
University of Nebraska–Lincoln - Lincoln, NE, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring