Verified Expert in Design
With two decades of expertise, Alex is a seasoned digital designer whose work has spanned a multitude of environments and industries, including collaborations with companies like Fitbit and Google. His comprehensive approach to design encompasses every phase, from conceptual strategy to meticulous research, usability testing, branding, visual design, and innovative typeface creation. Alexandru is committed to harmonizing business objectives with user needs, blending aesthetics and practicality.
Take Away Cross-Platform Ordering Application
Electric Car Dashboard Concept
Leading Enterprise Platform for Franchise Management
- Designed the visual language for an operating system from scratch while keeping the brand in mind and consistent with other products.
- Designed a custom typeface that resides on existing devices.
- Conducted user interviews to consolidate visual design decisions and test out accessibility issues.
- Guided and directed five team members to implement the design system into existing features to ensure quality and consistency.
- Art-directed animation concepts that were implemented on existing devices.
Senior Visual Designer and Webflow Developer
Staya Inc dba Dover
- Collaborated with their in-house product designer to expand the existing design system to encompass new patterns added based on user testing sessions. This helped make actionable items more recognizable and easily discern large data sets.
- Rebuilt the whole brand identity guide with clearer instructions and more strict guidelines for the existing in-house designers but also for their marketing team, an effort that helped produce much faster social and promotional assets.
- Designed new web pages for their website, which increased traffic and trust. Also designed web pages that introduced new functionalities to their site and a new way to present their overall product to the users in a more interactive way.
- Implemented all the web designs inside Webflow's platform while adding custom code to individual pages to extend Webflow's functionality to meet the desired outcome.
- Collaborated with the marketing team to design and ship out an elaborately detailed e-booklet that explained the company's services in detail to potential investors and individual users.
Senior Visual Designer and Type Designer
- Collaborated with both Bucharest and San Francisco design teams to execute designs for their existing digital and physical products.
- Assisted the product design team with assets creation, testing, and implementation.
- Helped extend the company's visual language to support different form factors.
- Designed and developed custom-type figures to accommodate small screens.
- Handled the implementation of design systems by providing oversight and direction to five of my colleagues.
Product and Visual Designer
- Helped Redi to design their mobile cross-platform application for food order placing and pick-up.
- Conducted user interviews and complete research to improve overall usability and engagement.
- Refreshed existing branding and helped with brand assets management.
- Designed printing assets and collaborated with their vendors to ensure printing quality and delivery.
- Designed marketing assets to fit into the marketing team guidelines.
Senior Product Designer
- Collaborated with project managers and developers to create travel software user interface designs in an agile environment.
- Improved overall usability of existing wireframes and translated them to design.
- Designed and maintained cross-platform applications.
- Designed and sustained extensible and responsive designs and layouts for the PSNGR1 web application.
- Designed sales materials and maintain brand assets.
Senior Visual Designer
- Helped a government program called GovITHub to develop a unified style guide for its upcoming web applications and projects.
- Collaborated closely with the development volunteers for proper implementation of the design.
- Cooperated with other lead designers from other departments for alignment and continuous quality.
Head of Design Department | Collaborative Position
Mandarine International SA
- Applied conceptual thinking to generate ideas, visuals, and other design services, such as web, mobile, tablets, infographics, events, mediums, branding, editorials, campaigns, and more, across multiple digital mediums for internal products.
- Produced sketches, drafts for visualizing ideas, and concepts.
- Understood marketing initiatives, strategic positioning, and target audience.
- Cooperated with and led the design team in all digital and media disciplines.
- Took tasks from concepts to final execution inside the deadline while managing responsibilities and delegation towards the designers in my team and other teammates and giving art direction simultaneously.
- Supervised and enhanced the workflow inside the design department.
- Held project presentations towards setting a common visual language on ongoing projects.
Senior Visual Designer
Kalon Global Group, Inc.
- Collaborated with the UX department to design the interface for a large-scale proprietary platform oriented towards large companies and franchises in the US, EU, and Canada, which have 50,000+ subsidiaries (e.g., McDonald’s, Pizza Hut, Arby’s, KFC).
- Designed the interface and functionality for a tool to help connect marketing and supply chains in global food franchise companies with over 170 US markets. It allows local markets to track campaigns and create detailed reports.
- Designed a presentational website and retouched the branding for a nonprofit organization in the US that deals with orphan children, connects and places them into an orphanage.
- Designed and directed a 50+ page user manual for a proprietary platform destined for the McDonalds Franchise while collaborating with a copywriting team.
- Designed the branding and visual communication strategy of an artificial intelligence-powered platform.
- Art directed and supervised web application interfaces for marketing purposes within platforms such as Spotify, Deezer, Soundcloud, and Mixcloud.
- Supervised the design process for publishing materials for large vendors to be used in marketing campaigns.
- Designed applications when schedules stretched thin and time was not on the team's side.
- Overviewed my team's growth cycles and offered mentorship sessions.
- Constantly collaborated with the development leads to map out functionalities and discuss feature feasibility.
- Coordinated with the QA department to ensure the fidelity of the designs, interactions, and animations upon delivery.
- Designed the identity for a social networking web application destined for the Indian marketplace.
- Designed all the printed materials to market and advertise the platform.
- Assisted clients in planning out their design needs for their project through meetings, Jira, and Trello.
- Art directed and executed supervision for other graphical materials done by contractors.
- Collaborated with the development team to ensure the quality of the design implementation and also conducted testing sessions.
Master's Degree in Foreign Languages
Ovidius University - Constanta, RO