Verified Expert in Design
Alexis is an experienced UI/UX designer with expertise in financial services. She rebranded ibi, which was acquired by TIBCO and valued at $1 billion. She is skilled in market research, user interviews, prototyping, usability testing and delivers polished, high-fidelity mock-ups. Alexis loves crafting solutions that drive business goals. She has designed web and mobile apps and created design systems that excite users with delightful experiences and champion their well-being and happiness.
Senior Experience Designer
- Created a browser-based learning experience for a Fortune 500 company about AI challenges that businesses face, including detailed introduction and multiple modules.
- Designed a gamification system to entice users through experience with awards and points.
- Storyboarded the animated illustration for a tech services page.
- Participated in the user interviews and IA card sort analysis.
Visual UI/UX Designer
100Yards CMO Services
- Designed websites and digital experiences for clients such as data analytics and finance companies. Two have since been acquired by other companies post-design and rebrand (ibi and Vault Insurance).
- Provided UX recommendations based on established best practices, WCAG 2.0, and ADA compliance guidelines.
- Designed landing pages for lead generation campaigns both as mock-ups for Hubspot and within Unbounce.
- Created digital ads, banners, social media images, and other assets for targeted marketing campaigns and client use.
- Communicated with clients and stakeholders to showcase designs and provide rationale and explain best practices and design thinking principles.
Visual UI/UX Designer
Hedgeye Risk Management
- Crafted the Hedgeye design system used on new products, data dashboards, website pages, mobile apps, and other digital media.
- Designed and maintained product interfaces on the website and apps for varying finance content; video, dashboards, long-form text, and interactive charts.
- Facilitated product promotional events by designing a marketing flow experience (digital ads, landing pages, and UI) that guides customers through subscription paths resulting in revenue increase year over year since 2016.
- Gathered research and feedback, communicated ideas, and designed the rationale in stakeholder meetings with product managers, providing design and UX support that met business needs.
- Defined and maintained visual brand guides to represent Hedgeye’s image, style, and voice for brand awareness and consistency.
- Designed complete products by creating journey maps, user flows and scenarios, prototypes, wireframes, and high-fidelity mock-ups.
Graphic and Web Designer
- Designed and developed a community intranet website using Joomla.
- Shot and edited promotional videos for new products and instructional videos for customer use.
- Updated the company website using WordPress and created new web graphics such as banners and buttons.
- Created, managed, and updated in-house marketing materials such as brochures, tradeshow graphics, and datasheets.
- Collaborated with engineers for any design improvements on existing product platforms.
Product Design Manual Course
New Media Design and Web Development Senior Management Certificate
British Columbia Institute of Technology