Verified Expert in Design
Alfonso's run the gamut of designer roles and tasks in his career so he can deliver a wide range of design expertise. He’s equal part UX/UI designer and front-end developer. He loves solving complex issues via design and code. Most of his passions revolve around being creative so he’s constantly looking for ways to evolve as a designer. Alfonso has had the pleasure of working with some of Montreal’s best startups and want to continue that trend.
Founder | Designer
- Collaborated with my partner to deliver everything from product and branding design to strong conceptual visual design and direction.
- Worked with different startups to help find solutions to their problems—not only on the UI side but also on research and creating a stronger base to build their products.
- Collaborated with different creative friends, experimented with videography, and going beyond my knowledge to tell better stories.
- Managed the company, making sure everything runs smoothly and that the clients are getting the most out of what they are investing in.
- Communicated with clients from the first idea to the end product release—always ensuring everyone within the team understands what has to be executed.
- Designed, optimized, and found a solution for onboarding new users.
- Designed and built a campaign and rewards features.
- Built and developed version 2 of their website.
- Created the complete branding (icon, logos, palettes, typography, and visual direction).
- Designed a simpler onboarding system that considerably increased the number of new users. This was a solution for one of fortyfortylabs' clients that had issues onboarding new users.
- Redesigned their current app (iOS, Android) giving a better-and friendly-user experience from the onboarding through the whole app.
Designer | Developer
- Designed and developed a website for a new luxury salon in Houston, Texas (US).
- Developed a WordPress template to help users to input information and manage new content within the website.
Senior Product Designer
- Solved complex issues for an internal concierge management tool.
- Worked closely with developers to improve the online booking system.
- Contributed with marketing team to design/develop different assets on the web such as landing pages for their personas.
- Worked closely with development team to develop an internal tool for contractors.
- Helped shape the new concierge management tool and booking system by designing a new interface while in collaboration with the user research and development teams in order to have a better user experience.
- Conceptualized and implemented design solutions to meet the marketing team's strategies.
- Managed entire marketing campaigns—and not just the production of specific pieces—within increasingly tighter deadlines.
- Contributed to the direction with commissioned photographers and filmmakers on projects.
- Redesigned the entire website with a team of three—making sure everything was in line with the new branding of the company.
- Contributed to the integration of the website—making sure every aspect of the web design was integrated correctly.
Diploma Degree in Visual Arts
UVM: Universidad del Valle de México - Mexico City, Mexico