Verified Expert in Design
Andrius is an experienced designer with a successful track record across diverse industries, including education, entertainment, healthy lifestyle, food, and fitness. He specializes in publication design and production, marketing campaigns, digital media, and UX design. Andrius is committed to creating impactful and engaging designs that educate and inspire the user while being tailored to the unique needs of each project. View portfolio at www.andriusdesign.com
Augmented Reality (AR) in Print Magazines
- Created customized ClassGuides that enhance world-class online courses. Researched and provided art direction to crafting marketing materials and engaging in Figma UX projects, shaping the learning experience on the streaming platform.
- Enhanced user experience through cohesive visual language by aligning editorial illustrations with product vision and providing effective art direction to freelance illustrators.
- Transformed siloed working environments through cross-functional collaboration, enabling effective communication, streamlined processes, and goal attainment for successful project outcomes.
- Drove the creation of user-centric science and wellness products. Collaborated with cross-functional teams, leading the end-to-end design process to deliver exceptional user experiences with meticulous attention to detail.
- Catalyzed a customer-centric brand presence by leveraging comprehensive competitive analysis, trend awareness, and user research to transform product identity and packaging.
- Enhanced user experience and performance metrics by standardizing button placement, conducting user testing, prioritizing visual hierarchy, and updating design systems for cohesive brand presence.
- Developed visually captivating and compelling designs for print and digital publications. Collaborated with the editorial team in conceptualizing and executing layouts, infographics, and illustrations that enhance storytelling and engage readers.
- Volunteered to complete editorial illustrations, saving time and labor costs from outsourced vendors, allowing a more significant budget allocation for critical projects, and increasing team efficiency and productivity.
- Implemented UX principles in print publications, establishing design guidelines, enhancing consistency, and increasing reader engagement and loyalty for a trusted and indispensable user experience.
Creative Marketing Manager
Vorwerk, LLC — Thermomix USA
- Oversaw the company’s visual communications and brand appearance in different media channels.
- Managed budgets and outsourced various industries vendors to best execute project needs.
- Produced and directed food and lifestyle photoshoots.
- Managed design and production of large-scale print publications.
- Designed and coordinated production of sales materials, marketing campaigns and special promotions.
- Collaborated with the sales department to organize and oversee multiple social events and created and maintained all necessary marketing content.
Active Interest Media
- Conceived a complete redesign of MuscleMag and strengthened the magazine’s identity across other media and marketing channels.
- Supervised visual content for: MuscleMag, The Box, Muscle & Performance, and Black Belt.
- Created concepts and designs for covers, departments and features.
- Directed and coordinated the work of photographers and illustrators.
- Designed special print and digital projects that helped expand the company’s brands.
- Managed all retouching and post production work.
Austin MD Magazine
- Worked with publisher and editorial team to create a new healthy-lifestyle magazine for the Austin community.
- Conceptualized and designed features, covers and department templates.
- Managed identity standards across multiple marketing fields.
- Oversaw production as well as photography and illustration assignments.
- Designed magazine ads according to clients’ brand guidelines.
- Collaborated with software developers on projects for state government agencies.
- Created sitemaps, user flows, and wireframes.
- Designed and oversaw user-interface for mobile and desktop applications.
- Maintained quality control by testing new products and newly implemented features.
- Designed the company’s marketing materials.
Austin Monthly Magazine
- Designed new page layouts for Austin Monthly and Austin HOME magazines.
- Created editorial illustrations and info graphics for various articles.
- Retouched images.
- Supervised art interns and assured the quality of press during production weeks.
Senior Graphic Designer
Respublikos Leidiniai, UAB
- Designed new page layouts and covers for various magazines and newspapers including Julius/Brigita, SportoZmones, Laisvalaikis, and the newspaper Respublika.
- Created identity and marketing materials for individual clients and small businesses.
- Designed product catalogs, municipal office documents, and hospital patient forms.
- Operated a wide-format printer—setting up artwork and maintaining quality control.
Completed Courses in UX Design, UX Research
General Assembly - Los Angeles, CA, USA
Completed a Course in 3D Game Design and Game Engine: Unity
UCLA Extension - Los Angeles, CA, USA
Completed a Course in AR/MR/VR for Immersive Content: Experience, Game, and Media
UCLA Extension - Los Angeles, CA, USA
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Graphic Design
Vilnius Academy of Arts, Vilnius, Lithuania - Vilnius, Lithuania