Toptal Member Since
June 9, 2017
Arto is the former Head of Design at Idean, Palo Alto, with 10+ years of UX design experience (and hundreds of projects). He has a versatile background in business, programming, and design, which makes him a good fit for concept creation and MVP projects. His clients praise his efficiency.
Arto is available for hireHire Arto
Kaliber - Fine Dining Experience (2017)
Restaurants & DiningService DesignApp DesignBrandingiOS App DesigniOS UX Design+ 3 more
Omnitrail - Indoor Location Technology (2015)
Indoor Positioning SystemsReal-time Locating Systems (RTLS)Web UXBrandingUser Experience (UX)Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)+ 1 more
GoWealthGo - A Tool for Financial Advisors (2014)
FintechFinancial UXFinancial Advisory
2014 - PRESENT
- Contracted primarily for startups.
- Worked with value creation strategy and marketability.
- Designed UX/UI/services for 20+ products and services.
- Branded early-stage companies.
- Contributed to several AI and machine learning projects.
- Engaged with a multitude of business domains, including medical, real estate, financial, VR, knowledge management, and many more.
Technologies: Webflow, InVision, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite
2010 - 2014
Head of Design
- Managed projects and spearheaded design in dozens of projects with clients ranging from several Fortune 500 companies to early-stage startups.
- Managed a portfolio of clients and oversaw the processes and quality in project deliveries.
- Provided not only UX design but also user research, illustration, visual design, animation, and video.
- Mentored at several startup accelerators.
- Helped grow the company from 5 to 50 employees and through acquisition.
- Developed several workshop methods and processes used widely at the company.
Technologies: Android Studio, WordPress, Axure, InVision, Pixate, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
2006 - 2010
- Handled all levels of tasks including fundraising, business development, sales, recruitment, financials, concept design, UX design, and overall leadership.
- Developed mobile applications primarily before the iPhone. We were funded by Accel Partners and managed to sign partnerships with several big European carriers and phone manufacturers.
- Had more than 300,000 installations for our J2ME cartoon generator app (very similar to Snapchat these days) and we were pre-installed on several Sony Ericsson phone models.
Technologies: J2ME, iOS, Android
1999 - 2007
Master's Degree in Industrial Management/Design Business Management/Computer Science
Aalto University - Espoo, Finland