Ben M Broughton
Verified Expert in Design
Ben is a senior UI/UX designer with a wealth of experience in the finance sector (Fidelity Investments, Barclays, and AIB bank). Being keen on the Lean UX process, Ben has learned to incorporate these techniques into an Agile development environment, testing assumptions and tackling designs before the sprint occurs to help shape the development for the end-user's benefit.
Savings Goals - New Feature for Banks iOS App
Credit Management Features for Retail Web
UX/UI For a Virtual Changing Room and Shopping App
- Worked with various clients, including Heineken, Barclays, AIB bank, Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, Yodel, Desap, and the Indian education department.
- Ran design sprints and workshops and represented design/UX in stakeholder or team meetings.
- Contributed to competitor analysis, experience mapping, creating personas, and defining user flow.
- Performed wireframing, rapid prototyping, A/B testing, conducting online surveys, guerrilla testing, and visual design.
- Worked with POs and developers to finalize the front end and refine the product based on further quantitative experimentation.
Senior UX/UI Designer
The Very Group
- Improved iteratively the current credit offerings for Very.co.uk and Littlewoods.com and apps.
- Balanced the UX with compliance frictions, business goals, and technical feasibility.
- Created conceptual storyboards, wireframes, designs, and functional prototypes to drive product direction.
- Validated prototype designs using an in-house lab.
- Supported the implementation with the development team.
- Managed the Finance Coach and ISA onboarding features in the Barclays mobile app.
- Ran design sprints, created various lo-fi and hi-fi screen flows, and built and tested prototypes in Proto.io.
- Supported the implementation of Android and iOS development teams.
- Led the design helping Yodel migrate and refine their legacy operations and delivery software into intuitive, unified modern applications.
- Defined problems with key stakeholders. Ran design sprints with end users and developers. Created lo-fi and hi-fi designs and prototypes.
- Ran design sprints with end users and developers.
Lead UX Designer/Researcher
- Served as the lead UX designer for the OneView project, a staff sales assist application for smartphone, tablet, and desktop.
- Led research, wireframes, and prototypes of new features for Agent Desktop, a telephony application used in by the phone banking staff.
- Set up and led bi-monthly user testing with 4-5 bank branch staff, testing prototypes on a tablet, validating and compiling feedback, and SUS test data to inform the development.
- Set up and incorporated lean UX techniques into the teams Agile development process using JIRA.
Senior UX Designer
- Served as the sole UX designer for the document central application, Fidelity’s own dropbox for 50,000 internal users.
- Set up an associate experience group for developing UX governance and standards for internal Applications.
- Acted as the lead designer for the data harness application UI, developed for a Chinese development team to replicate live data for testing purposes.
- Collaborated with a team of information architects, visual designers, editors, UX developers, researchers, and usability specialists to tackle complex projects of varying size.
Senior UX/UI Designer
- Handled creative direction, competitive analysis, data analysis, wireframing, and stakeholder management.
- Oversaw UX/UI and visual output across all platforms including desktop, mobile, and tablet.
- Led brand identity, responsive web design, apps, social media marketing, and web development.
- Designed and animated new UI elements for prototype mobiles.
- Storyboarded use cases and created wireframes/user flows, rapid prototyping.
- Led the translation of use cases and user experience targets into tangible UI prototypes.
- Assisted with walk-throughs and usability testing. Updated the UI per changing needs and requirements.
- Presented UI prototypes and research findings to key stake holders.
Higher National Diploma in Graphic Design
Hugh Baird College - Liverpool, UK
Mobile Apps and Responsive Web Design (RWD)
Axure Software Solutions
Axure RP Pro Advanced
University of San Diego (Coursera)
University of Liverpool