New York, NY, United States
Toptal Member Since
April 17, 2017
Beverly’s passion for beautiful creativity and fine-grained attention to aesthetic detail has gifted her over 15 years of client satisfaction in this competitive digital ecosystem. This passion for the industry drives her to prioritize increasing expertise in cutting-edge UI design. Beverly's expansive spectrum of skills can turn the smartest ideas into potential award-winning products while meeting the most rigorous timelines.
Beverly is available for hireHire Beverly
FinTech Internal Dashboard
App UXApp UIFinancial DataBig Data ArchitectureFintechCharting+ 1 more
2015 - 2017
- Used my extensive background in big data GUI design to deliver to clients an end-to-end, through, full development process for a variety of platforms (intranet, public, portal, CRM, e-trading applications, and big data GUIs).
- Applied my expert knowledge in UX methodologies, UI prototyping, and front-end development (CSS, LESS, Sass, HTML).
- Designed a highly regarded derivatives compressor application that later won an award for "Best Derivatives Compressor" in 2016.
- Managed and directed several verticals of ownerships throughout each project.
- Managed 30 websites (intranets, public, portals, CRMs) and 10+ e-trading applications (FX, HFT, Matching Engines, Credit, UST) from end-to-end.
- Led stakeholder/kick-off meetings to gauge budget/milestones.
- Developed a lean/agile/waterfall strategy depending on the project's goals.
- Designed around an MVP analysis to manage expectations and get the business buy-in.
- Hired and managed several team members (PM, programmers, designers, UX & QA, interns, front-office positions ).
- Applied hands-on UX methodologies and UI prototyping (low and high) when needed.
- Worked on hands-on front-end development (CSS, LESS, Sass, HTML) when needed.
- Created RFPs for vendor SOWs.
- Managed a team of 8-12 of junior and senior UX designers and developers for several projects.
- Project-managed several groups, also within PM systems such as JIRA/Confluence from end-to-end.
- Assumed several roles for CAPITALAB: PM, UX director, and UI designer.
- Designed an award-winning application—conducting a full competitor analysis and audit.
- Developed wireframe documentation and workshops.
- Led daily morning UX calls and screen sharing sessions.
- Delivered high-level designs and hand-off deliverables.
- Conducted QA and PROD analysis for further optimization. Due to the magnitude of team efforts by all hands on deck, CAPITALAB was honored in 2016 by winning the Global Capital’s 2016 “Best Compression Service” award—a highly regarded resource for financial professionals in the field of derivatives.
- Was hired to lead the UX and web development division for Cantor Fitzgerald and its subsidiaries.
Technologies: Axure, InVision, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
2013 - 2015
Senior UI/UX Application Designer for Global Rates and FICC eTrading Technologies
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Built a designer-developer relationship with the technology team to better educate them on the anatomy of their current desktop GUI and explain what UX meant for their mobile end-users.
- Managed and designed the product end-to-end.
- Worked closely with the technology team to understand limitations.
- Worked hands-on Android front-end development.
- Presented visual prototypes for new ideas and future considerations to the business.
Technologies: InVision, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
2011 - 2013
Vice President | Creative Director of Digital
Colure Media Inc.
- Joined Colure Media with one goal in mind which was to take the company 100% digital. At the time, Colure was headed towards a traditional marketing route, with no resources for digital products/services. By ultimately becoming their creative and digital arm of operations, Colure was able to attract their specific target market—a portfolio of clients that offered great products but little-to-no digital presence.
- Led think tank sessions with all ownerships within the company to gain everyone's perspective.
- Educated the company on the importance of digital marketing strategies, optimization, and conversion tracking.
- Constructed a digital marketing strategy to penetrate the market in tandem with the efforts from the vendors, internal resources, and grass-roots marketing.
- Created a relationship with several tech and marketing companies overseas to build rapport for outsourcing purposes.
Technologies: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
2004 - 2011
Director of UI/UX
Beverly Kim Corp.
- Worked as a full-stack design and technology consultant—having honest conversations about the needs of my clients and developing a custom tailored process to suit. My process is simply about fast, agile integration of design thought-out interfaces paired.
- Managed clients end-to-end in a project's lifecycle.
- Managed an offshore team of 12 developers.
- Managed the business goals and developer strategies for new business.
- Worked on UX workshops, analytics, audits, wire framing, UI design, and rapid prototyping.
Technologies: DevOps, Full-stack, Magento, InVision, Sass, Less, CSS, HTML, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Oracle, MySQL, PHP, Joomla, WordPress, Rapid Prototyping
2005 - 2018
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design
School of Visual Arts - New York City, NY, USA
2002 - 2004
Associate of Applied Science in Communications Design and Computer Arts
Nassau Community College - Garden City, NY, USA
MARCH 2021 - PRESENT
UX Master Certificate UXC#1019839
Nielsen Norman Group | NN/g
JANUARY 2017 - PRESENT
UX Workshop Certificate
Workshop with Willy Lai