Verified Expert in Design
Caroline is a UI/UX designer with more than five years of experience. She's cooperated with startups and private and government companies, helping them align their business with the customer's needs. Caroline has carried out several projects from start to finish, contributed to front-end development, implemented accessibility guidelines, and helped construct design systems. Caroline is interested in working with innovation and emerging technologies, like artificial intelligence.
Bold | Design System
TOT | Speech Therapy App
- Created a catalog of UI components and patterns to show which products use each variation, acting as a product designer for the design system.
- Provided design quality assurance, making sure designs got implemented as intended.
- Built and documented the initial set of core components for mobile platforms.
- Collaborated with the engineering team to ensure the design work was coded to match the design's styles, content, variants, and behaviors.
- Worked with pilot project teams to integrate new components into their releases.
- Developed products based on emerging technologies for TOTVS Labs, an innovation laboratory. My responsibilities range from contacting customers (in English), analyzing the product backlog, and defining the product strategy.
- Designed the mobile app to facilitate interaction between doctors and the organization. Using computer vision skills and a conversation-like experience, the app automates the process of sending bulletins for payment without filling out paper forms.
- Developed the landing page for the promotion of developed applications.
- Built a dashboard with users' production data, where it is also possible to export payment reports.
- Conducted interviews, analyzed competitors, and evaluated metrics for the development of new products.
Laboratório Bridge – UFSC
- Developed products offered by the laboratory while working with agile teams. Acted in the context of the problem, defined and prioritized the scope, ideated, validated hypotheses, prototyped, and conducted usability tests.
- Developed and maintained the lab's design system: the Bold design system. Conducted interviews with users and usability tests and also I was responsible for the governance of the design system.
- Designed the vaccination module used in the Brazilian federal government's health units. Conducted user interviews and usability testings and handed it off to the developers team.
- Developed the laboratory's institutional website while working closely with the developers and the CEO (Bridge.ufsc.br).
- Contributed to the development of internal marketing campaigns—creating postings for social networks and materials for open advertising positions.
GQS – Software Quality Group
- Focused in the scientific and research area, where I analyzed benchmarking, as well as the application of these studies in everyday life.
- Carried out many tests and interviews with users, involving technologies like eye-tracking and mirror rooms. It required a detailed analysis of the data, careful documentation of the results, and a neutral attitude towards the tests.
- Published the Validation of Usability Heuristics for Touchscreen Phones.
- Contributed to the publication Elaboration and Validation of a Checklist to Evaluate the Usability of Applications for Touchscreen Phones.
- Published Sure: a Questionnaire and Scale Proposal to Assess the Usability of Applications for a Smartphone Post-usability Test.
Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design
Federal University of Santa Catarina - Santa Catarina, Brazil
AI Product Manager Nanodegree Program
Enterprise Design Thinking — Team Essentials for AI
Enterprise Design Thinking Practitioner
Interaction Latin America Medellin – Community Speaker
Mergo User Experience
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring