Verified Expert in Design
Catherine is a talented UX/UI designer with six years of commercial experience. Prior to this, she was a visual designer and became extremely passionate about people-first design. Most recently, she led product design at Influenster, where she collaborated with product managers and engineers, from ideation to implementation and testing. Having lived in Spain, the UK, Saint Lucia, and around the US, Catherine deeply understands different cultures and how to create designs that meet varied needs.
- Conducted a UX audit of eCommerce sites and designed solutions that improved the overall experience.
- Created animated marketing videos for a variety of clients.
- Designed packaging, logos, merchandise, business cards, emails, and landing pages.
- Conducted competitor and user research to improve the UX of a mobile eCommerce website. Introduced updated user flows and gamification.
- Designed apps for a UX course and an app for an investor proposal.
- Designed experiences for new products at Meta Reality Labs.
- Owned multiple projects and collaborated with other product designers, content designers, user researchers, program managers, product managers, engineers, and design leadership.
- Designed alongside the systems team to finalize a design system.
- Worked under the Google Nest team on smart home tech, focusing on security and awareness products.
- Designed with a team of designers, engineers, PMs, and leadership.
- Created experience across web and app platforms for B2C and B2B.
- Conducted user research to inform UX decisions and redesigned the profile page, which increased review generation by 34%.
- Redesigned the desktop and mobile product pages, which reduced user-generated content (UGC) conversion time from two days to 22 hours and increased daily contributions by 11,300.
- Strategically solved problems for mobile and desktop and used data from Mixpanel to influence solutions.
- Created wireframes, rapid prototypes, a design system, user flows, sitemaps, and project proposals.
- Revamped the entire app experience to include additional social networking capabilities. Designed a personalized feed that increased user follows by 37.5% and user engagement.
- Created Influenster's first-ever design system and updated the UI for both desktop and mobile. Managed the UI changes and ensured screens were updated across the board.
- Managed projects from ideation to implementation and continuously tested app and desktop releases.
- Led product design and worked closely with engineers, product managers, and stakeholders to ensure that business KPIs were met.
- Designed and created onboarding and micro animations throughout the platform.
- Acted as the head of design for the marketing department and mentored a junior designer.
- Created and edited videos to promote company events and new product launches.
- Designed user-friendly email templates and landing pages that increased site traffic and click-through rates.
- Created event booths, ads, eBooks, infographics, surveys, client-facing decks, merchandise, and more.
- Collaborated closely with copywriters, product marketing managers, and the product team to ensure visuals were of high quality for major product launch announcements.
- Owned design for client-facing project books and presentations.
- Edited project elevations and plans, adding unique aesthetics and branding to entice clients.
- Designed internal and external marketing materials.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Design and Technology Management
University of Leeds - Leeds, UK
UX Academy Certificate in UX/UI Design