Verified Expert in Design
Chike is a senior product designer with over five years of design experience living in the UK. Chike has spent the last two years and a half leading product and design in the payments infrastructure space, helping businesses process and accept payment directly via digital wallets without the need for a card and processing over $25 million in transaction volume. Prior to this, Chike led a design effort at Softcom, designing its identity management and access control product, Usepass.
Lead Product Designer
- Led product strategy and design for merchant dashboard to help businesses manage transaction data ranging from indexed customers to transactions, settlement, widget customization, and more.
- Designed the direct charge and checkout products, helping merchants accept direct wallet payments without the need for a card from customers of fintechs and banks like Chipper Cash, Kuda Bank, Pocket, and more.
- Managed a product and design team of eight members across different disciplines, ranging from product management to product design and marketing design. Oversaw product strategy and design across multiple products.
- Led product strategy that helped the company process more than $25M in transaction volume.
- Managed integration with multiple banks and fintech partners.
Lead Product Designer
- Led the design efforts in a triad team consisting of product, design, and engineering for the Softcom Identify team.
- Ensured the business impact and engineering efforts were met or exceeded.
- Designed the Identify web and mobile applications to solve identity creation and access control.
- Validated assumptions by talking to users to better understand their current experiences and pain points and learn how to design a product to improve their experience.
- Collaborated closely with stakeholders to better understand and refine the product idea.
- Derived solutions using IDEO's "How Might We" framework to translate challenges into solutions and explorable opportunities.
- Collaborated closely within a cross-functional team consisting of solution architects, a business manager, and a product manager to improve the client's existing idea.
- Interviewed users to understand their needs to help design products that improved their experience.
- Worked across multiple client service product teams.
- Created components, style guides, and high-fidelity prototype designs for different products.
- Collaborated with stakeholders and software engineers remotely across Africa and Asia while designing the fast product experience.
- Carried out extensive user research with users and retailers in the country to understand how they interact with retail products on a day-to-day basis and their pain points with the existing products.
- Designed web and mobile retail experiences for both users and retailers.
Peace Mass Transit
- Designed version two of the mobile application enabling users to book bus trips across the country.
- Communicated with the client to ensure the business goals were clearly understood.
- Paid close attention to client's feedback at every point of the design process.
- Interviewed some users to understand their current pain points and how the app experience could be improved.
- Redesigned the existing products to improve the user experience.
- Created surveys to gather user feedback on products.
- Designed wireframes and high-fidelity mockups for clients.
- Communicated with clients to ensure that the product met business needs at all times.
International Foundation Programme in Computer Science
Westerfield College - Lagos, Nigeria
West African Secondary School Certificate Examination in Sciences
King's College - Lagos, Nigeria
Marketing Foundation: Competitive Market Analysis
Enterprise Design Thinking Practitioner Certification