Verified Expert in Design
Chris is a proven design leader and UX/UI expert. He drives innovation within businesses, employing user-centered methodologies to ensure the successful delivery of digital products to customers. With almost twenty years of experience, he has worked for a plethora of global brands and design agencies, delivering digital experiences to millions of customers across the world.
Product Design Consultant
- Drove the innovation of various products used by millions of UK customers daily.
- Led UX and UI design, including extensive laboratory and ethnographic user research.
- Collaborated within a cross-functional team consisted of a product owner, engineers, quality assurance, and business analysts.
Director of Product Design
- Scaled up and managed a multidisciplinary team of UI/UX designers, collaborating with senior leadership, product, engineering, and marketing teams.
- Implemented user-centered design processes, authored the design system, and fostered a collaborative culture in an Agile environment.
- Drove innovation through the development of future concepts that challenged the business and influenced the product feature set.
Senior Art Director
- Contributed to a high-level ideation project for a new business pitch for Aviva, a leading UK insurance company.
- Secured a future business relationship with a successful pitch.
- Collaborated with the agency's leadership team within an aggressive timeline.
Lead User Experience Designer
- Led UX and UI design for a variety of high-profile brands.
- Collaborated with high-profile clients such as UEFA Champions League, Capital Radio, JustEat, and Time Out.
- Contributed to client liaison and stakeholder management for all clients, ensuring collaboration was achieved, and expectations managed.
- Served as a brand guardian and created a visual language across touchpoints and UX for Orange's communication app, Libon.
- Managed and led a multi-cultural design team, defining process and culture.
- Engaged closely with CEO, senior stakeholders, product owners, and developer teams to deliver design across iOS, Android, and HTML5 products using research methodologies through to delivery.
- Collaborated with Orange's marketing team, driving brand, consumer-facing website, social media, and other promotional channels.
Lead User Experience Designer
- Collaborated with the startup State, an opinion-based social network.
- Defined user journeys and streamlined the existing flows.
- Helped refine the company's brand and the user interface of the product.
- Drove creative direction for new and existing clients.
- Defined visual language and brand tonality for Formula One and World Endurance Championship.
- Oversaw the user experience of tablet (second screen) experiences.
Principle UI Designer
- Led the design development of a visual language for Ubuntu phone and tablet touch devices.
- Released the user interface to millions of Ubuntu customers worldwide.
- Engaged directly with the company founder, senior stakeholders, UX, and developer teams to ensure enduring product success.
Senior Art Director
- Modeled the visual language of a digital marketplace for Acer.
- Worked extensively with senior leadership and the client.
- Collaborated within a cross-functional team to ensure product success.
- Headed up creative design for TomTom in their partnership with Nike on the highly successful Nike+ SportWatch GPS.
- Defined creative direction for marketing materials and worked on future product concepts.
- Engaged with various senior stakeholders such as EU VP, Director of Marketing, and Director Tech.
- Conducted workshops and defined delivery milestones while managing creative feed into development and marketing departments.
- Assisted with concept creation on various existing projects and pitches for different clients.
- Handled different clients including banking institutions and financial products such as Standard Life.
- Cooperated with stakeholders from around the business and a cross-functional team.
- Directed design development of Symbian's phone project Vetro, an easy to use experience for users in developing countries.
- Led a team of designers in producing user flows, authoring global style guide, and creating custom iconography.
- Crafted a bespoke typeface in collaboration with Monotype in the USA.
Senior Design Specialist
- Led the design development of visual language for Nokia's premium phone project, Nautilus.
- Liaised with product owners and stakeholders between London and Helsinki.
- Supported other teams on initiatives such as MeeGo UI.
- Contributed to the design of the NIKEiD store, a platform reaching millions of customers worldwide.
- Created a limited-time immersive experience for the new sneakers model Mogan Mid iD.
- Engaged with product managers, developers, and a client in Oregon.
- Contributed extensively to the creation of Honda's UK portal.
- Reached millions of customers nationwide in the UK.
- Won various awards and helped to uplift UK sales of Honda cars.
- Collaborated with a multitude of high-profile clients for this London-based agency.
- Produced an extensive range of work for Saab, the Swedish automaker.
- Contributed to an immersive kiosk experience that was deployed at the London Motor Show.