Verified Expert in Design
Chris is a UI/UX designer with over twenty years of experience in consumer and enterprise applications. He worked with Google to restructure and design their help system, created Clarizen’s enterprise mobile apps, and designed a white-label consumer mobile app for Accesso, now deployed at parks and resorts across North America. Chris specializes in structure, user flows, wireframing, and design for both mobile and web. He is especially suited for complex enterprise SaaS projects.
Lead Product UX/UI Designer
Chris Peterson Design, LLC
- Collaborated with product and UX teams on creating new products, improving existing products, and delivering new features for clients, including Google, Wells Fargo Bank, Clarizen, Proggio, Merlin Entertainments (Legoland), and Accesso.
- Led the UX and UI design that drove NPS up 47 points and increased core object creation by 150% for Proggio, an enterprise project portfolio management tool.
- Created the structure and design for The Experience Engine, a white label, location-based mobile resort app. Designed the web app resort operators use to manage content, assets, and messaging in the consumer app.
- Designed the UX and UI for Inflowz, an enterprise process analysis application.
- Led the design for the Clarizen iOS and Android apps from structure to UI, supported the design of numerous feature updates to the desktop app.
- Designed the UX and UI for a compensation analysis tool that allows tech startups to compare their comp packages with similar early-stage private companies.
- Designed and developed websites for the VC firms Alta Partners, Sofinnova Ventures, and Innovacom (France Telecom).
- Designed the interface for Wells Fargo Bank's asset allocation tool, allowing individual investors to analyze their portfolios.
User Experience Consultant
- Held four-year-long contracts between 2008 and 2015.
- Defined new structure and design for AdWords help content.
- Redesigned the structure and presentation of the help system used on all Google products in all languages with the consumer operations team.
- Worked with the Google Cloud team on user interface models for the visual management of app deployments.
- Worked with the Google Apps team developing the strategy and creating early wireframes for a business collaboration product concept.
Managing Director, Customer Experience Architect
- Led the overall customer experience from strategy through delivery, including the management of 9-13 person customer experience teams, on Scient’s largest engagements.
- Managed the development of the customer experience for Hotwire, working as an engagement lead and directly responsible for a 10-person team.
- Managed the redesign of Wells Fargo consumer and small business sites.
- Developed the customer experience for Boats.com, leading conceptual efforts in the experience design and jointly managing the client relationship.
- Led customer experience development for the insurance site BenefitPoint, working as part of the project management team, directly responsible for a 13-person customer experience team.
- Consistently took leadership roles in client relationships and project management (planning and accountability for timelines, costs, and staffing).
- Managed additional Scient responsibilities including process definition, assisting in sales, facilitating classes, interviewing, and resolving engagement issues.
- Served as the design lead for the creation of web sites for SC Johnson, Elo TouchSystems, and E*Offering, E*Trade’s investment bank.
- Designed the Edwards Luggage online store, translating the brand experience from physical stores to the online environment.
- Rebranded the Onsale consumer auction site through design, a new navigation scheme, and an improved auction user interface.
- Designed and managed print collateral and web development projects for companies including Bank of America, Charles Schwab, World Wrapps, Scheufelen, Wells Fargo Bank, Norwest Bank, and Visa.
- Managed projects from bidding through production, developed concepts, and preserved budget and schedule. Also responsible for client presentations, day-to-day relationships with clients, art direction of illustrators and photographers, and design team management.
- Worked with agencies and studios to create print and identity concepts and designs for a wide variety of clients, including Landor Associates (Visa), Pentagram Design (Burlington Northern, Skald Magazine), Foote, Cone & Belding (Levi’s, Dockers), Ketchum Advertising (Bank of America), and Kym Abrams Design (Rand McNally, Scott Foresman).
Bachelor of Science Degree in Advertising
University of Colorado - Boulder, CO