San Francisco, CA, United States
Member since July 31, 2017
Chris is a designer/creative director based in the Denver Metro & San Francisco Bay areas. He loves to help teams create useful, beautiful product experiences by leveraging principles of human-centered design. Throughout his career he’s been fortunate to contribute to the design aesthetic and experience for companies including Apple, Airbnb, and Disney, and his design work has been awarded multiple invention patents and industry accolades.
- Founder & Creative Director2013 - PRESENTSkipper Product Design
- Founded Skipper to provide digital leadership and design services for agencies, startups, and technology brands. With Skipper I use design sprints to help companies go farther, faster. By leveraging a diverse set of experiences as both a design manager and principal designer, I’m able to add unique creative value as both a leader and an individual contributor.
- Adjunct Faculty2013 - PRESENTUniversity of Colorado at Boulder
- Led the curriculum creation and instruction for human-centered design courses and workshops. Designed to be responsive to a world in permanent beta, I help design curriculum that is project based and collaborative, with graduates integrating design, technology, and entrepreneurism to create innovative products and experiences.
- Freelance Design Lead2017 - 2017Playstation
- Designed and deployed solutions to help music and movie experiences thrive within console and mobile platform environments.
- Freelance Creative Director2016 - 2017Innit
- Re-imagined how consumers will experience food in the future by designing a omni-platform smart kitchen solution.
- Freelance Design Lead2016 - 2017Chapter SF
- Leveraged human-centered design sprints and rapid iOS prototyping of the Kodak Moments mobile app redesign to help reinvent how physical artifacts can be created from digital photographs.
- Freelance Design Director2016 - 2016Sequence
- Utilized design discovery workshops to launch a modern brand and interface design for Salesforce IQ mobile products.
- Freelance Design Lead2016 - 2016Airbnb
- Leveraged high-fidelity prototype design sprints to quickly validate how the Airbnb Trips experience could be integrated within existing mobile products.
- Freelance Creative Director2016 - 2016Swirl
- Led the design and prototyping development for Juniper Networks web and mobile products.
- Freelance Creative Director2015 - 2016Imgur
- Directed a multi-disciplinary team of designers and engineers to refine and relaunch the Imgur visual brand across mobile, social, and web products.
- Freelance Design Lead2015 - 2015Apple
- Led art direction, visual design, and rapid prototyping efforts for Apple Music and Beats One.
- Freelance Creative Director2014 - 2015Quirky
- Managed an integrated team of designers and engineers to develop software-enabled physical product prototypes.
- Freelance Creative Director2014 - 2014Deloitte Digital
- Directed the Principal Financial account through cross-platform redesign and rebranding effort.
- Experience Design Director2012 - 2014Made Movement
- Led the digital design and development practice for clients New Belgium Brewing, Copper Mountain, and Fred Water.
- Senior Experience Designer2012 - 2013Adobe
- Designed and prototyped their Marketing Cloud product, and was awarded 3 invention patents for my contributions to the product and interface.
- Freelance Design Lead2011 - 2012Post Intelligence
- Contributed to development of the product platform, user experience design, and visual identity system for Post Intelligence consumer applications.
- Creative Technologist2011 - 2012EVB
- Contributed to research, design, and development of interactive products and marketing communications for clients including Facebook, Zynga, Jameson, Absolut, and others.
- Graphic Designer2009 - 2011Disney Interactive
- Developed the digital strategy, gaming mechanics, user experience design, and visual identity system for a Facebook basketball game.
- Interactive Art Director2006 - 2010Zenzi
- Created the visual design and platform development for the Chiquita Banana and Dreyer’s Ice Cream accounts.
- Interactive Designer2007 - 2009IAC
- Created the user experience design and visual identity for online properties including CitySearch, Match.com, LendingTree, Ticketmaster, and VSL.
- Freelance Graphic Designer2007 - 2008University of Colorado at Boulder
- Served as freelance designer for the ATLAS Institute, a department focused on the development of Technology, Art, and Media.
- Master's degree in Design2009 - 2011University of Colorado at Boulder - Colorado
- Bachelor of Science degree in Design2004 - 2009University of Colorado at Boulder - Colorado