Alexandria, VA, United States
Member since November 2, 2015
Clariza is a senior UX/UI designer working in product design. She currently has 10+ years of design/media experience working with private/commercial/government/non-profit organizations and companies. Though she already has a variety of experience, she's always looking for more opportunities to learn and grow.
- Senior UX Designer2016 - PRESENTMediabarn, Inc.
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, InVision, Adobe InDesign
- Collaborated with a team and the US Internal Revenue Service as lead designer on the IRS Account project. The Account project will be utilized by all US taxpayers once fully deployed.
- Contributed to various commercial projects that include web design and application design for mobile and interactive designs for UXPA and GoodGov.
- Created clickable prototypes and took part in planning and observation of focus groups and in-person usability testing.
- Worked directly with teams of developers to ensure proper builds of designs.
- Communicated directly with stakeholders, business, development, and other contractors throughout the process, involved directly during planning increments for Agile processes.
- UX/Visual Designer & Photographer2003 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: Photoshop, Lightroom, InVision, Illustrator, Omnigraffle, InDesign
- Provided photography for projects in place of the use of stock photography when possible.
- Photographed professional portraits and personal photography for events such as engagement photos as well as assisting with wedding event photography.
- Conceptualized and implemented brand development and digital design for startups, established businesses, and non-profit organizations.
- Effectively managed workflow to meet deadlines and communicated via email, Google Hangouts, Skype, and phone calls with clients, collaborators, and vendors.
- Designed and built small-scale websites along with branding collateral for client needs.
- Designed UX/UI wireframes and clickable prototypes for iOS applications, web applications, and websites.
- Created high-fidelity mockups for delivery to clients to use with development teams for project builds.
- Senior UX Designer & Strategist2016 - 2016Navy Federal Credit Union
Technologies: InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, Omnigraffle, Axure
- Designed the process, wireframes, and prototypes for the iOS mobile app for Autoloans.
- Designed the process, wireframes, and prototypes for the iOS mobile app for Credit Card promotions and applications.
- Designed the process, wireframes, and prototypes for the iOS mobile app for push notification functionality and discovery phase for wearable apps.
- Designed clickable prototypes for Autoloans' process to use for user testing and product research.
- Drove meetings in regards to user experience and direction of process flows for products currently in design.
- UX Product Designer2015 - 2016CoStar Group
Technologies: Omnigraffle Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Worked in collaboration with product managers, high level executives, business analysts, and developers to create solutions for workflows and product requirements.
- Created corporate presentations for executives for use in sales conferences as well as product and business conferences.
- Designed iOS and web applications through the creation of wireframes and delivery of high-fidelity mock-ups and graphic elements.
- Worked directly with developers to ensure the current specifications of products and design requirements were met during the build of products.
- Worked on the UX and UI of Apartments.com, ApartmentFinder.com, Costar Business Suite Products, and promotional elements.
- Senior UX Designer & Strategist2011 - 2016RyOne, Incorporated
Technologies: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, InVision, Omnigraffle Pro
- Created and defined requirements for mobile iOS and web projects.
- Aided in the system/product architecture as well as creating deliverables to present in client meetings to discuss direction and reorganization of content.
- Created branding documentation as well as wireframes for new and existing (redesigned) iOS apps and websites.
- Produced high-fidelity designs for iOS applications and websites to deliver to the client, product managers, and developers for production.
- Created clickable prototypes to use in user testing as well as for presentation purposes.
- Senior Visual Designer2014 - 2014AOL
Technologies: Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision
- Led design projects for the AOL Money team, working directly with the product manager in organizing project flow on the design end of the team.
- Aided in process planning and research for the redesign of products by helping with defining requirements.
- Helped redesign AOL Jobs.
- Contributed to the redesign of DailyFinance.com.
- Worked on elements within the AOL RealEstate site/division.
- Aided in the refreshing of branding pieces, creation of new icons, and designs for both new and existing modules.
- Front-end Designer2013 - 2014Next Tier Concepts
Technologies: Photoshop, Illustrator
- Worked on a large-scale SharePoint re-org and redesign for a US government client.
- Contributed to the refresh and maintenance of visual elements in existing websites.
- Created wireframes and high-fidelity designs for promotional websites as well as educational sites used in conferences.
- Helped create digital marketing material and promotional items.
- Designed desktop application interface elements and worked directly with developers while projects were in production.
- Front-end Designer/Developer2008 - 2011Blackbarn Media
Technologies: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Coda
- Performed content migration and handled maintenance of existing sites by handling frequent and monthly content/functionality updates.
- Built and maintained working relationships with clients in regards to their sites as well as providing training and helping sessions for those who chose to opt out of a maintenance plan.
- Organized and constructed site maps, technical plans for initial site builds, and redesigns.
- Created user manuals for clients with step-by-step instructions on how to manage their sites from the log-in to dashboard level.
- Worked on website themes in content management systems: Joomla!, Drupal, Kentico, and WordPress.
- Visual Designer/Photographer2006 - 2007ISG Eurotech
- Shot profile photos for all staff and students participating in the program.
- Created marketing materials for print and digital.
- Aided in branding and print collateral.
- Worked on copy text for marketing materials.
- Photographed events and summer instructional camps.
- B.A. degree in Interactive Media Design & Web Design2008 - 2011The Art Institute of Washington - Arlington, VA