Los Angeles, CA, United States
Member since January 27, 2019
Cris understands the craft involved in creating something powerful as well as the effort needed to get there. He's led teams of art directors and designers to create work on behalf of well-known brands like Honda, Volkswagen, Adidas, and Microsoft, among others. He is able to deliver a spectrum of work that identifies the core purpose behind a product and its brand. Cris strives to find a balance between functional needs and emotional response.
- Creative Director2018 - PRESENTRPA Advertising
Technologies: Sketch, InVision, InVision DSM, Abstract, Principle, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Keynote
- Led the creative and design team to create digital and brand work on behalf of Honda Automobiles and Shop Honda, among others.
- Created the Honda digital brand and design system as well as establishing the use of InVision DSM, allowing teams to maintain a consistent user experience across every digital interface.
- Directed and delivered digital experiences across key platforms including Automobiles.honda.com, email, services, eCommerce, social, and paid media.
- Redesigned the platform responsibly with a mobile-first approach.
- SVP | Design Director2015 - 2018Deutsch, Inc.
Technologies: Sketch, InVision, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign,
- Led the design team to create digital and brand work on behalf of Volkswagen of America, Taco Bell, Microsoft, Uber, 7-Eleven, Tile, Letgo, among others.
- Redesigned the new Deutsch.com site to align with the agency’s new brand positioning.
- Conceptualized, designed, and created a digital and print magazine for IT pros to feel allegiance to Microsoft that transcends its technical capabilities by making a magazine that feels like a club for the IT Elite.
- Designed and directed a 21-day Instagram scavenger hunt for the all-new Volkswagen Tiguan through the virtual streets of New York City.
- Redesigned and maintained the Ta.co digital platform for Tacobel.com.
- Designed and built Test Kitchen by Taco Bell's brand identity from menus to aprons to parting gifts; our goal was to elevate the Taco Bell brand so it felt premium and progressive.
- Design Director2009 - 2015SapientNitro
Technologies: Sketch, InVision, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Keynote
- Acted as the design director—developing creative strategies for 360° branded experiences across all devices with a focus on interactive design and platforms. Applied my skills on brands such as MGM Grand, Adidas, Harley-Davidson, Activision, Sony Electronics, Sony Pictures, Disney, and Hawaiian Airlines.
- Redesigned the new Sapientnitro.com to align with the agency’s new brand positioning and more importantly, look, feel, and act in a way that showed their digital chops—from both a creative and a technology perspective.
- Redesigned the Adidas.com platform into an entirely new visual design experience which fully incorporates all branded content from the brand-focused Adidas.com site into the Shopadidas.com technology platform.
- Redesigned Lululemon.com's marketing and eCommerce platform and digital design system. Our design approach was to create a responsive site that reimagined the way commerce and content worked together. We created a personalized experience where people could get inspired, educated, motivated, and challenged.
- Redesigned MGMGrand.com's marketing and eCommerce platform. The digital design system for every hotel in MGM Resorts International’s portfolio.
- Designed and art-directed the entire MGM booking experience to make it easier for guests to book hotel rooms, buy show tickets, and even pick their seats from their phone (MGM Ticketing Mobile).
- Creative Director2003 - 2009From Scratch Design Studio
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Flash
- Worked for a range of clients including AT&T, Disney XD, Sony Pictures, Nickelodeon, Subaru, Nintendo, and Ubisoft.
- Worked on the marketing websites for Sony Pictures' films including Spiderman II (2004), The Grudge (2004), Hostel (2005), and Monster House (2006).
- Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design1993 - 1998Buenos Aires University - Buenos Aires, Argentina