Director of Design
2018 - 2020
- Led the design team responsible for LogMeIn's SaaS web and mobile applications. Ensured consistent quality, escalated usability issues, proposed solutions, convinced stakeholders to include it in the roadmap.
- Oversaw the design of LogMeIn's AI based customer service bot, working on both the end-user facing widgets and the content management interface.
- Introduced and led the design of a unified design system to improve the fragmented user experience across more than five different web apps.
- Introduced design critiques to improve design’s ability to support proposals with arguments. Improved collaboration to share learnings despite different domains and several locations (from Bangalore to Budapest and Boston).
- Helped the decision-making of executives by a thorough analysis of user experience issues and opportunities using qualitative and quantitative research and heuristics analysis.
Design Manager | Personalized Search Design Team Lead
2016 - 2018
- Set the design vision for a Machine Learning based truly personalized search experience. My tools included design studio workshops, concept videos, interactive prototypes, printed posters, mood boards, and more.
- Coached designers on craftsmanship especially the web designers on transitioning to an app-first design approach.
- Understood what working with machine learning means for design—coaching team members to cope with the requirements.
- Introduced and facilitated several team ceremonies such as regular design critiques, design updates, domain-specific design reviews, and design discovery kickoffs.
Technologies: Adobe After Effects, InVision, Principle, Framer, Sketch
2014 - 2016
- Designed Skyscanner's Android flight ticket search application which was later awarded Editors' Choice by Google.
- Redesigned the key navigation architecture of both the Android and the iOS application to promote destination discovery beyond simple ticket search.
- Conducted various growth experiments with Skyscanner's iOS application, including a system of App Store previews.
- Created several guidelines for the in-house team for both Android and iOS.
- Created several early discovery prototypes to better understand the product leadership's intentions and set the direction together. These interactive prototypes always ran on the device itself employing various techniques. The scope spanned from simple InVision screenflows to complex Framer prototypes using live data, all the way to concept videos done in After Effects to illustrate future visions several years ahead.
Technologies: Adobe After Effects, Zeplin, Adobe Illustrator, InVision, Flinto, Marvel, Principle, Xcode, Android Studio, Framer, Sketch
2014 - 2014
- Introduced crucial user research practices in the team.
- Designed a cocktail recipe website optimized for browsing rich visual content.
- Redesigned the blockbuster weather forecast application on the Windows Phone platform.
- Kicked-off the team's internal R&D lab.
Senior Product Designer
2009 - 2013
- Redesigned the complete product website; Prezi is a presentation creator on a zoomable infinite canvas, depicting a 2.5D space.
- Reinvented standard editing tools for the specialized environment.
- Defined the interactions and UI for several productivity tools like grouping, transformations, scaling, typing, and more—leading to several US patents.
- Designed the first version of the iPad application, when iPad was introduced by Apple.
- Gained experience in discovery and validation interviews both online and in person.
- Conducted several customer visit tours in the US and Europe.
- Created the brand of Prezi's educational package and presence.