Verified Expert in Design
Dayo is a senior product designer that has worked with the Government of British Columbia and the Guinness Book of Records on user experience, creative design, and product design. He has over five years of experience creating functional products with appealing user interfaces. This includes UI for mobile and web, dashboard analytics design, and sectors such as fintech, healthcare, eCommerce, and real estate. His core skills include UX design, UI design, and creative direction.
Web Analytics Dashboard for Fintech
Medical Consultation and Health Management Mobile Application
Estate Online | Real Estate Website
Derayo Personal Website UX Case Study
- Designed the web SaaS platform that showcases various data points from different sources.
- Defined the product brand guide based on key colors that would represent and showcase data effectively.
- Collaborated with engineers and the CEO to implement and launch the product within a very tight/short timeline.
Visual & WordPress Designer
- Designed infographics for business reports, flows, and key data presentations.
- Designed graphics for various WordPress website needs, such as flows, visual data storytelling, infographics, and data visualization.
- Collaborated with key stakeholders on project flow, which led to a smoother project completion.
PS Technologies, Inc
- Redesigned the entire case management software for an easier user experience.
- Built a design system for the product in line with a brand guide and visual identity for brand consistency across the product.
- Created user flows for specific features and tasks to make completion easier and seamless.
- Leveraged my legal education background to understand, interpret, and define legal task flows and needs. This improved the implementation timeline by more than 50%.
- Reduced user load time by 50% by redesigning specific product areas, such as the onboarding process, landing pages, and product pages.
- Increased user adoption by streamlining the user experience to include an easier and more intuitive selection process for medical products.
- Achieved 100% brand compliance by redesigning the user interface to better express the brand/product personality by implementing the brand guidelines.
Lead UI/UX Designer
- Led the product design process from end-to-end to ensure integration with third-party software such as Intuit, Stripe, Square, Hubspot, Gusto, Mailchimp, Jirav, SurveyMonkey and Workday which led to increased user adoption.
- Designed pitch deck sections showing API integration and usage by partners and key stakeholders. This increased the product appeal and feature breakdown for users and stakeholders.
- Created user journey maps to envision the product's user experience and made adjustments to refine the overall user experience.
- Collaborated with the project team, namely engineers, a product manager, a product owner, a CEO, and other key stakeholders, to create low, mid, and high-fidelity wireframes for product development.
- Designed an entire SaaS user interface with phased updates based on user feedback on the prototypes.
- Designed a SaaS product with clean and clear data visualization in mind to allow users to interpret and use dashboard data easily.
- Researched and developed project requirements and refined project needs based on research data.
- Built a brand identity guide for a product based on the company's brand guidelines.
Data Visualization Expert
Poyaire Holdings Ltd.
- Redesigned the interface to showcase key data needs and reports accurately.
- Re-developed the brand guide to better showcase and represent the business and product needs.
- Created user-based feature flow for product features.
Lead Product Designer/Consultant
- Created a defined style guide for the dashboard redesign, improving the visual aesthetic and user experience.
- Built a new data visualization layout to better showcase relevant data to the user in an easy-to-understand method.
- Collaborated with the product owner on brand alignment and design direction in order to achieve a more coherent data-driven dashboard.
- Acted as the lead user interface designer to revamp and redesign the existing fintech dashboard.
- Implemented user feedback to improve the different design phases to be more user-friendly.
Asset and Resource Holding Company
- Led month-on-month product performance analysis using Firebase and Google Analytics which increased product data insight usage by 50%.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams such as designers, developers, digital marketers, and scrum masters to improve the performance of digital products by leveraging tools such as Figma, Jira, and Slack.
- Created digital designs for email marketing and digital communications which led to a 30% increase in user/audience engagement with the communication materials.
- Optimized the performance of digital products on a monthly bases in collaboration with digital strategists and product managers. Used the A/B test method to analyze and improve digital products by 20%.
- Designed new layouts (UI/UX) to improve user experience and product performance in line with business objectives and specifications.
- Created new UI designs for mobile and web digital products and applications (mobile apps and web apps).
- Improved the user experience of the organization's fintech products through interface design review, which increased product optimization and performance.
- Improved the corporate website usability score by 30% by creating new user journey process flows.
- Conducted competitive analysis to identify product strengths and weaknesses.
- Reviewed user test scripts, which expanded the product scope and features. This led to a more robust digital solution for the business.
Product Designer | Consultant
- Worked as a lead product designer for an app that helps users track their health and exercise habits in order to improve their lifestyle.
- Created user interface designs for a hotel management startup which included both the website and mobile application.
- Increased product performance by redesigning the existing user interface to improve the UI design for a fintech web application dashboard.
- Redesigned the user interface for a banking app that allowed users to perform financial transactions on the merchant website, thereby increasing access to other services the bank offered.
- Worked as a user interface designer for a room management application for a hotel startup.
Design Lead | Product Designer
Lagos Business School
- Enhanced month-to-month social media engagement by 10% by creating different types of social media content.
- Increased brand awareness and visibility by producing designs and layout illustrations for digital marketing engagements monthly.
- Conducted brand research, which led to the implementation of campaigns that increased the brand equity and course subscriptions by more than 50%.
- Created pitch presentation designs for an executive new course which led to oversubscription and received revenue of more than $436,000 in three months.
- Achieved 100% brand compliance from key organizational stakeholders through the redesign and coordinated use of the brand style guide.
Creative Design Specialist | Digital Strategist
- Led creative direction and digital strategy for a news website that created a 300% increase in brand visibility across digital channels and led to a feature in a BBC report.
- Worked as a lead designer for a national tax campaign for all digital and print channels, which led to an increase in business tax registrations by 30%.
- Increased the regional media conglomerate's subscriptions by leading the launch of their digital product as a brand designer.
- Worked as a lead researcher on user behavior for digital products and platforms. Created user journeys and experience maps to simplify user journeys and increase product flow and use.
- Led user research for a public relations product that had a successful execution within eight weeks and a 60% customer subscription rate when launched.
- Worked in cross-functional teams as a lead designer on different projects and collaborated with copywriters, video editors, and graphic designers.
- Created design concepts, layouts, and wireframes for product designs, digital adverts for digital marketing, and print communication materials, such as brochures, flyers, invites, billboard ads, and product packing designs.
- Redesigned and rebranded a media promotion company's website, which reduced their bounce rate by 60% and increased their website visits to a monthly average of 10,000 users.
Art Director | Product Designer
Identita Brand Concepts
- Increased the client's brand visibility by 20% within three months by leading their website's redesign.
- Helped clients improve their brand visibility, sales, and product market performance by leading their digital marketing designs, such as email banners, social media designs, website banners, advertorial designs, and outdoor designs for billboards.
- Worked as a lead designer for clients' websites and user interface designs, including WordPress website designs and the development of digital products, which led to project success and repeat sales.
- Designed pitches for clients using PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator, CorelDRAW, Adobe After Effects, and Premiere Pro, resulting in a production time reduction of 50% and a productivity increase.
- Worked as a user interface designer for a fintech web app, Finanace.io, which simplified the transaction process for customers and led to faster completion of transactions.
- Conducted user research for product development, such as user interviews, qualitative research, and user product testing. This led to an increased product adoption by the target audience.
- Created design solutions for several prints and online projects, such as flyer designs, brochure designs, booklet designs, banner designs, event invite designs, invitations, social media banners, product packaging, product design, etc.
- Worked as a UX/UI designer for a healthcare consultation mobile app that involved user research, persona development, and product testing. Developed more user-tailored features that allowed greater app adoption when it was launched.
- Created a new brand story and identity design for digital and traditional media and packing designs as a lead brand and creative designer. Increased product sales and brand visibility by more than 90% in six months.
- Led the digital communication design for a Nigerian comedian Gandoki's Guinness World Records' longest standup comedy feat.
- Developed brand identity for clients and created vital elements such as logos, brochures, booklets, event invites, magazines, product package designs, and other marketing and advertising materials.
- Designed user interfaces for web and mobile applications to be implemented by web developers.
- Led product design for enterprise user interfaces to allow small stores to manage sales and transactions.
Crayatif Brand Consult
- Built a website user interface for a leading oil and gas company.
- Created website landing pages for clients' product conversion. This involved making different variations to measure the website performance before launch.
- Handled all the firm print design needs and print management. Worked as a lead liaison person with the press and managed all design and print-related projects.
- Created promotional leaflets and flyers for client needs, including creating designs for both online and print needs.
- Created presentation designs for the firm using various software like PowerPoint, CorelDRAW, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe After Effects. Worked as a design lead on the presentations.
- Created 2D animations for the firm to be used for online and digital campaigns on social media and email marketing.
- Handled all the firm's printing needs. Ensured that design colors matched with the press colors, correct paper sizes, and textures.
Bachelor's Degree in Legal Studies
University of Lagos - Lagos, Nigeria
Certified Scrum Product Owner
User Experience Micro-credential
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
Innovation Through Design: Think, Make, Break, Repeat
University of Sydney | via Coursera
Interaction Design Foundation
Brand Marketing and Communications
Graphic Design Certificate
WorldLink Computer Institute
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring